1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why are people obsessed with piercing/mutilating their nether regions?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by MLMVSS, Mar 12, 2018.

1. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

I think the biggest thing with tattoos is that most people end up regretting them. This coming from a guy with tattoos. Fortunately I haven't regretted any of mine yet.

MLMVSS and Deleted Account like this.
  2. I think maybe that's because those people aren't sure what they want in the first place, I mean I know exactly what I want and so I won't regret it after. Don't tattoo places do that temporary drawing thing before you get one? They at least do that here, to make sure you're comfortable with the placement and the tattoo itself.

MLMVSS likes this.
  3. SolitaryScribe

I agree. I've come up with a list of rules for myself as to not get a tattoo I'd regret.

1) never get a tattoo that's in an overly public place like on the face or neck.
    2)never get a tattoo based on emotional want (GF's name).
    3)never get a tattoo based on a fad.
    4)limit yourself as to how many tattoos you get. (They can get addictive and you can get overboard).

4. I don't want many and I'm only interested in some. But me and my SO on one arm are going to get a matching tattoo from Bioshock, the one Jack has on his wrists. It's such a cool and simple design, plus it's not too noticeable even though I don't mind that sort of thing.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2018
  5. SolitaryScribe

Would this be your first tattoo?

MLMVSS likes this.
  6. Hmm, honestly it probably will be actually thinking about, and when I'm able to afford the price I'll get it.

MLMVSS and SolitaryScribe like this.
  7. SolitaryScribe

hmmmm...

If your planning on getting it on your forearm it won't be as painful as if you were to get it on your wrist. Wrist tattoos are pretty painful.

MLMVSS and Deleted Account like this.
  8. Yeah I heard they hurt, but that's okay I can take it! Plus those chains on the forearm wouldn't look right. :p

When I get another small one I'll probably put it on my forearm though.

MLMVSS and SolitaryScribe like this.
  9. Fix_It_Mate

Fix_It_Mate Fapstronaut

Body modification is stupid. Tattoos are offputting at best and gross at worst, as are piercings beyond the ears. I wouldn't even think about putting a blade anywhere near my genitals. Yet some people even do it to their infant sons. I don't understand any of it.

Sure, go ahead do what you want with your own body once you're old enough. But I think there are better ways to stand out in life than having bits of metal/ink on your body or missing flesh. Namely your personality/character and your contribution to the world.

MLMVSS likes this.
  10. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

Would you kindly get the tattoo.

Deleted Account, Jungler and MLMVSS like this.
  11. Oh shite, piss off Atlas!

Gotham Outlaw, MLMVSS and Jungler like this.
  12. Jungler

Jungler Fapstronaut

Piercings d-down there? Makes me clench tight my buttcheeks.
    Won't accept any peircing on my body except on one of my eyebrows - looks attractive on everybody actually.

Though I'm more of a tat person with no tats, I generally fear not being able to find a decent tattoo artist than overthinking the permanent choice or the instant regret. Would literally go through hundreds of styles and designs before choosing the designated artist - gotta pay good money to get me a good favour.

MLMVSS likes this.
  13. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

I happen to think an eyebrow piercing looks unattractive, but maybe that’s just me.

MLMVSS likes this.
  14. Gotham Outlaw

Finger piercings are a thing now. IMO it's one of the worst visible piercings.
    4A166ED000000578-5487549-image-m-75_1520778618064.jpg
    Finger-Piercing-Pictures.jpg
    downloadfile-5.bin (1).jpg

MLMVSS likes this.
  15. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  16. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

This seems so dumb to me.

1. Chances of infection.
    2. Bad if it catches on something.
    3. Does it mess around with the bone or the muscle in the hand? We're not talking about a largely useless flap of flesh, i.e., the earlobe.

17. Minsc

Minsc Fapstronaut

Because they do. The most accurate answer I can think of.

18. just reading someone would pierceing there stuff makes my skin crawl OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH

MLMVSS likes this.
  19. Gotham Outlaw

It's like brass knuckles, but with infections.

I can already imagine someone with at least 3 saying. "My sleeves always get snagged. Why does it keep happening?"

Deleted Account and MLMVSS like this.
  20. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

I love piercings. I have 10, although all above the neck. I have several in both ears, one nostril and a vertical labret. I could not give a rats ass if people find them unattractive. I'm sure a lot of people do and/or don't "get it" which is fine. They're not for them. They are for me. Like semi-permanent jewelry you don't have to take on / off every day.

They will not get infected if you have common sense and general good hygiene.

I think they suit me a lot and I've had some of them since I was 5. Nostril since 14 and labret (up through the lip as opposed to a regular labret which goes into the mouth) since 19. I'm 28 and don't plan on removing them anytime soon. Been contemplating a septum piercing, but seems like everyone has those nowadays, so that's boring.

For me it's not just about the look. I actually like getting them. Like, the anticipation just before the sting of the needle. It's exciting. I don't have any tattoos, though.

I will never pierce any other part of my body, though.

MLMVSS likes this.