1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What book did you last read?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 14, 2017.

1. tweeby

tweeby Banned

2. Ian Thorpe, cook for your life. He was my hero growing up, turns out he suffered from serious depression and anxiety. The reviews for his by biography sounded a bit dark, so I read his cook book instead, it's good.

3. GrandmasterElectrican

GrandmasterElectrican Fapstronaut

The Darth bane trilogy
    Probrably my favorite of the star wars books that i've read

4. El caballero de la armadura oxidada es genial

5. Currently reading...

The Woman in Cabin 10... haven't gotten very far with that one. It's pretty good, but I just haven't had much time to read.

A book that @tweeby's sister wrote and asked me to check out, which I'm enjoying so far btw :)

And I am listening to an audiobook called The Joy of Less, which I'm loving. About minimalism, naturally.

pezzer, tweeby and noonoon like this.
  6. Mistakesweremade

Mistakesweremade Fapstronaut

7. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

8. tweeby

tweeby Banned

I can't wait for the next instalment of Jacob's journey. I thought I was getting a sneak peak at the new book when I stumbled across a photo with postit notes on the page, but you conveniently blurred them out, haha ;)

9. How do you like it? Have you read it before, and are you planning to see the movie?

Haha I did indeed! That would have been a lot of info, as it was most of my outline. My bestie for sure would have read them all and spoiled everything for herself.

tweeby and noonoon like this.
  10. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

Loved it. Definitely going to see the movie.

Deleted Account likes this.
  11. Name of the Wind - Patrick Rothfuss

Easily one of the best fantasy books I've read.

12. tiredofbeingtired

tiredofbeingtired Fapstronaut

Re-reading Harry Potter. Can't help myself :) Finishing book 3. The dementors are a great metaphor for PMO.

pezzer and vibemaker like this.
  13. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

The last novel I read was a clash of kings. The last graphic novel I read was Y the last man.

14. Jungler

Jungler Fapstronaut

Currently reading Into The Wild.

Saw the movie beforehand and really liked it. I got to know the whole story thanks to the singer of pearl jam who wrote a solo record which blended really well with the movie.

pezzer likes this.
  15. kingpietro

kingpietro Fapstronaut

16. vibemaker

vibemaker Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Man why is this thread so empty? More books, less TV guys!!

pezzer and Deleted Account like this.
  17. Reading "A Six of Crows" right now, together with all the other books I am reading now. One of the best I've read in a good long while. One part fantasy, one part Scifi and one part Steampunk. Kinda like the movie Gangs of New York, stylewise. The main character Kaz Bekker gets a mission to get someone out of captivity for a nice sum of money. He has to get together his own band of ragtags to get it done. Pretty diverse gang. Each chapter is from the perspective of one of the six characters all with backstory and everything. I am in love with this book. I highly recommend it. Check it out, won't write anymore for fears of spoilers! Will write more about the other books I am reading later :)

vibemaker likes this.
  18. pezzer

pezzer Fapstronaut

I love that!! I have a book written by his sister too I believe called 'the wild truth' and that just goes through her relations with Chris McCandless.

On another note, I really wish I was more into books, im not sure if video gaming and social media has just killed my attention span, or the stress of Everything at school. even when I'm sitting down on ma bed trying to read, I'll always have something stressin me out in my mind. it's kinda upsetting. when I was 13 I would read so much books, I remember sitting there contently reading this whole book in one day to get this book summary homework done that the teacher never asked for but oh well. I was a pretty academic kid and then I just lost a lot of ambition towards it I guess. although I'm getting back into reading bit by bit, I kind of have to with my English course I'm doin.

and while we're on the subject of books, I was thinking of buying 'Dune' by Frank Herbert. I was recommended this by someone and it sounds so awesome so it'd be helpful to hear if it is something people have read. but the last book I ever really took an interest in was 'the alchemist' by Paulo Coelho. which was so great and is one of my favourite books. I loved 'the butterfly lion' and 'an elephant in the garden' as a kid, both written by Michael Morpurgo. I could never really get into 'kite runner' although I've heard great things about it. and 1984 is always a classic

To add a few more, 'A monster calls' is a superb book by Patrick Ness that was actually recently made into a film which i was so happy about. And 'Stardust' was a great book, About some girl that fell from the sky as a star but turned into a human, something like that, and that's a pretty wicked story.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    tweeby and Jungler like this.
  19. @pezzy⚡️
    I read Dune a few months ago and liked it. I've read mostly scifi (like Asimov), so I'm not sure how Dune compares to other fantasy books.

Right now I'm reading Armageddon, which is the 11th book in the Left Behind Series. I've personally liked the series so far, but it has a very big Christian message, so it's not for everyone.
    However, if you're interested in how the authors think the world is going to end (based on the Biblical book of Revelation), I would recommend reading the series.

EDIT: I guess the last book I read/finished was the 10th book, The Remnant.

pezzer likes this.
  20. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

I just finished "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie. It's really good. The title might be a bit misleading, it's not a book about forcing people to do your bidding, but it's a great book on how to deal with people in general, see things from their perspective, and just be a more respectful and personable individual in general. I'd recommend it.

Also the Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod is a great book, and very appropriate for NoFap as well, speaking of changing habits and creating new processes in our lives.

pezzer likes this.