1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[90-CHALLENGE] THE NINETY DAYS CHALLENGE !

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by 2525, Oct 27, 2017.

Do you want to participate?

1. Yes

2. No, probably later

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Day 21
    The feeling of calm that has engulfed me in the past week is beyond words. I can't explain it. Even if I think I am beginning to flat line. I don't think its just NoFap that is responsible for my changing outlook in life. I love experimenting with so many things here and there and reading all sorts of books to improve my life. Maybe I am a self improvement junkie but it doesn't matter. I have been doing this for the past 2-3 weeks:
    1. Miracle morning routine- my routine includes affirmations, meditation, personal development reading, positive visualization and exercise. I used to think affirmations was hocus pocus. But it depends on the emotional intensity linked to the affirmation, if the affirmation is actually realistic and how the affirmation is structured. I found when the affirmation is in question form it has a lot more impact as the brain seems to always look for answers to questions. The affirmation that has had the biggest impact on my life is "Why do I love myself?" I think self love is the most important 'ingredient' to break free from the grasp of PMO. Repeating this affirmation with high emotional intensity while looking at my reflection has had a great impact on my self esteem for the better. Its like magic. I don't know. For those who think affirmations don't work, how about the counter affirmations that we usually say to ourselves with high emotional intensity. For example, "Why am I such a loser?", "Why can't I overcome this addiction?" These have a great impact on our belief system for the worse. Meditation is also awesome though it has taken me a while to get my mind to concentrate on my breathing for even 10 minutes as my mind likes to wander.
    2. Reading the power of now book: while this book requires one to deliberately slow down while reading and think deeply to get the most out of it, it has some very interesting insight on being mindful of the present moment. I have many articles and blog posts on living mindfully but none have had more impact like this book. I have began trying to live in the present moment and it is already making me feel more calm.
    3. Keeping track of negative thoughts throughout the day and logging their count in an app: I have discovered that my moods are affected a lot by perceptions of people regarding myself. I know this will take time to overcome. Also, I have noticed perverted thoughts have began to subside as I consciously bring them to the fore and log how many of these kind of thoughts I have in a day.
    4. Reading a chapter of the Bible every single day: I have now read the Bible for 7 consecutive days in a meditative way. I have never been a serious Christian and I sometimes question if God exists cause there is so much suffering in this world. I don't know what impact it has really had on my life but I decided if I am going to be a Christian how about putting in some effort and also investigate whether what the Bible says is true.
    While I don't want my life to be mechanical, it will require a lot of conscious effort to live a healthy life.

Arc12 and Simon21 like this.
  2. Nudie

Nudie Fapstronaut

day 44 checking in

Arc12 and THJohnFTH like this.
  3. Mri

Mri Fapstronaut

Day 7/90

THJohnFTH likes this.
  4. Firesteel

Firesteel Fapstronaut

Day

No turning back

THJohnFTH likes this.
  5. Finnythepooh

Finnythepooh Fapstronaut

6. Day 9 - It's kind of crazy how much energy for pursuing big goals is set free while doing NoFap. I'm thinking about my goals and my ideal life way more often and I am more confident than ever to get what I set my mind to. Sometimes it's very hard, because I suddenly see so much "opportunities for growth" in my life. But only if you face reality, you have a chance to shape it. #power

THJohnFTH likes this.
  7. 2012Crafty

2012Crafty Fapstronaut

8. Dhruva Sharma

Dhruva Sharma Fapstronaut

Checking in for day 1/90
    Has been peaceful so far !
    Feeling awesome right now

THJohnFTH and Deleted Account like this.
  9. Hamze

Hamze Fapstronaut

Feeling great 15/90

10. gystdude

gystdude Fapstronaut

Day 8/90 was a good day

THJohnFTH likes this.
  11. Warrior mode

Warrior mode Fapstronaut

Day 33
    We are going to make it to Day 90.
    The storms may come and go, the rains may never stop, then snow might never melt, But we will never look back!
    We will Win!

12. Mithrandir96

Mithrandir96 Fapstronaut

13. Ender Atreides

Ender Atreides Fapstronaut

Day 31. I have decided to make a pact/agreement with myself that if I keep this up in specific increments I will give myself certain things I have always wanted, but have never brought myself to go out and get and it has been motivating me a lot. Has anyone tried something similar before?

THJohnFTH likes this.
  14. MeoG

MeoG Fapstronaut

15. RealFighter.00711

RealFighter.00711 Fapstronaut

Day 2
    Completed
    Was a bit sick. So forgot to post

THJohnFTH likes this.
  16. ImmyEnayam

ImmyEnayam Fapstronaut

17. thelegend259

thelegend259 Fapstronaut

Day 8. Confidence is sky high! Cleaned up my room, bought some books and ran errands that I have been procrastinating for a long time. I also reconnected with some of my friends and had a good time.

WaderLuke and THJohnFTH like this.
  18. THJohnFTH

THJohnFTH Fapstronaut

19. Bimmer2008

Bimmer2008 Fapstronaut