1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling a little down

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Batboy123, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Batboy123

Batboy123 Fapstronaut

I can't help but feel depressed and feel down for what I've done to my wife, and for what I haven't been able to accomplish in helping her more. I find myself so busy all the time with life and the kids and trying to be there for my wife, but I still don't find the time/ manage my time we'll enough to go on NoFap more and post, look stuff up to help her, etc. I feel like such a failure and then I know in being like this, it in turn doesn't help her. I feel like I have no place to turn, what to ask, or what to do. Can anyone relate?

2. NotSoAverageJoe

NotSoAverageJoe Fapstronaut

Get off NoFap and go help your wife with whatever she needs. Period, you will not find the answer here...

3. Dracoterra

Dracoterra Fapstronaut

Do not despair!

Guilt is not a bad thing; it is actually a very good thing. Guilt means that you recognize that what you have done is not right. It helps you realize what you need to change, and what you need to do better.

Remember your identity. Your identity is not an addict; it might describe you, but it is not who you are. You are a child of God, and you have control over your life and over your destiny.

Now take that guilt and channel it somewhere productive. Rather than feeling like a failure or feeling sorry for yourself, look to the man you want to be for your wife and for your kids, and start acting like him.

SpouseofPA likes this.
  4. J4220

J4220 Fapstronaut

Sounds like you might be a little to fixated on your wife's personal happiness over your own. I just read an article today that nice people tend to be more depressed than the rest of the population. I think you need to work on yourself first and then you'll have more energy for the wife.