1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Progressive Challenge-A different kind of challenge- all levels

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by DerNeuMann, Nov 13, 2017.

1. TC10

TC10 Fapstronaut

Back at day 0.

I am not devasted or desperated to be honest. No one can succeed in one try. The only thing is that I have to be beware of the chaser effect.

So I keep failing at the same point. That’s around day 10, where I’m the whole day horny. Not because some pictures I come across for example, but because I am already horny when I wake up. And that feeling never leaves. Then I try to find explicit pictures on Instagram for example, what makes it even worse. Today it felt like my private parts were going to explode.

There is a pattern. The first 3 days are not easy, but not extremely hard. Then there are 6 days where I feel good, happy and when I feel like I’ll never relapse. And then around day 10 massive urges hit me.

It’s time to break this pattern. But how? Willpower don’t seem enough. Deleting social media, no tech etc. helps a lot, but I need more. Because this is not about stuff I accidentally come across, but about my mind and body going crazy for that dopamine shot. Does anyone recognize this pattern and has advice?

2. TanglePie

TanglePie Fapstronaut

I have the same pattern which always seems to make me fail. I have no social media now, as that is a huge trigger. Its pretty much stay away from tech when that horny, tire yourself out with exercise or a walk, cold shower (no shower here so gutted about not having this one in my arsenal) and making sure I am not alone. Whether its going for a coffee or food out or being around family and friends.

WillSquirrel and TC10 like this.
  3. TC10

TC10 Fapstronaut

Not much we can do more I think...

WillSquirrel likes this.
  4. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

I'm afraid that is the pattern for many guys on the thread. One imprtant key is the fact that most guys fail immediately or within 24 hours after they look up explicit pictures. If one reads this thread, the connection between pics and relapse is absolutely undeniable. Pics destroy the will and take horniness to an explosive level.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  5. StayMotivated2017

StayMotivated2017 Fapstronaut

Day 25 over. Day 24 was very shaky but managed to stay away. Too much food, alcohol, and off time almost caught up to me.

6. Bagration1944

Bagration1944 Fapstronaut

7. Adam Grundy

Adam Grundy Fapstronaut

The past few days have been tough for me. I let myself PMO twice in the same day on Tuesday. It sucked, and yesterday (Wednesday) was hard because of the chaser effect. But! I have now made it 1 whole day without. My goal is to make it through the next whole day. I think I just need to take this one day at a time.

DerNeuMann likes this.
  8. Fabster007

Fabster007 Fapstronaut

I am going to touch day 40 , although horny animal wants to ,still everthing is under control... this is a really nice thread

9. basitjee

basitjee Fapstronaut

Do not dis heart. See other people fighting it will raise your moral. It is tough no doubt. Face this challenge man!

DerNeuMann likes this.
  10. basitjee

basitjee Fapstronaut

Thanks buddy

TanglePie likes this.
  11. basitjee

basitjee Fapstronaut

My Goal is 10 Days.

TanglePie and DerNeuMann like this.
  12. basitjee

basitjee Fapstronaut

Today I reached to 2 out of 10.

TanglePie and DerNeuMann like this.
  13. dangerduff

dangerduff Fapstronaut

Second day down, five more to go!

DerNeuMann and TanglePie like this.
  14. WillSquirrel

WillSquirrel Fapstronaut

I almost fell into the same hole as you around day 25. I was becoming complacent and just sick of always having tobe aware of what was going on. Thankfully, my wife called me out on it and I got back on track. Do you have someone you can be accountable to?

Have you downloaded the nofap app? The nofap app is nice because it has emergency buttons you can use when tempted, depressed, rejected or even relapse.

Another thing I do is when I think a certain "day" (for me around 7 day multiples) I will fast for 20 to 24 hours. For me that is no food but I do drink. The truth of the matter is when your hungry that's about all you think about.

You can make it past 10 days plus. Keep your head up and don't beat yourself up to much. Your doing better than you think. A lot of people don't notice their patterns, you do.

Sincerely, :emoji_chipmunk:

15. WillSquirrel

WillSquirrel Fapstronaut

Day 28 no PM and Day 2 no O. :emoji_chipmunk:

TanglePie likes this.
  16. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

I think you meant to reply to someone else. :)

17. WillSquirrel

WillSquirrel Fapstronaut

Sorry I meant to reply to @TC10 :emoji_cold_sweat:

DerNeuMann and TC10 like this.
  18. Adam Grundy

Adam Grundy Fapstronaut

Day 2 here with no PMO, day 2 is always better than day 1

Crunchy leaves and DerNeuMann like this.
  19. TC10

TC10 Fapstronaut

The first thing you said is so relatable. After a few good days I think I can handle it, while I can’t. Underestimating the power of my addiction is a real danger (Overestimating it also is...).

I have installed the NoFap app. It helps me out sometimes, but that’s rare because I open when I’m on my autopilot searching for P, so it takes a lot to stop me in such a situation.

I don’t know if fasting is a good idea because I see that I’m more vulnarable to urges when I’m hungry or thirsty. But I’ve heard many positive stories about it (Not only from people who want to quit PMO).

And to be honest I don’t have an accountability partner IRL. The people here help me a lot, and I really appreciate it but lately maybe I should find a ‘real’ partner.

Cheers!

First day for me BTW. Has been a good day. The real challenge lies ahead.

20. StayMotivated2017

StayMotivated2017 Fapstronaut

Day 26 completed with no issues.

DerNeuMann and TanglePie like this.