1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

50 ironman in 50 days. you are limitless.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Physicist, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Physicist

Physicist Fapstronaut

I recently watched this interview and I think you should too. Its a must.

This isn't motivation but it could serve as motivation.

I recently posted an interview of David Goggins, an ultra marathon runner whos whole message is to "suffer to grow" and that the mind is capable of a lot more than you give it credit. When your mind knows you won't quit, instead of hurting you, it starts helping you. Goggins also hates motivation.

I thought he was the hardest toughest motherfucker I had ever seen.

Then I came across this interview of James Lawrence, the man who finished 50 ironmans in 50 days... in 50 states averaging 4 hours of sleep a day. Someone would say a pointless exercise in masochism. And I agree.

Yet I can't help but think that this only goes to show how far the human mind and body can go if you muster the courage to push it.

Push it beyond the limit you thought that was possible. The limit that was decided only by you.

Anyway folks, enjoy. Make sure you watch the whole thing.

2. Physicist

Physicist Fapstronaut

bump so people see this

3. Ongoingsupport

Ongoingsupport Fapstronaut

Thanks, it is apparently true in a literal sense. I was just reading this earlier, the author is quoting from Evolving Brains:

http://www.mybrainnotes.com/brain-evolution-survival.html