1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Blacksmithing

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Dec 8, 2017.

1. So was wondering if there are any blacksmith's on the forum, I been doing blacksmithing for the past 15 years on and off, love it.

Also is anyone interested in blacksmithing? please share your thoughts ideas and maybe videos if you found something interesting :D

2. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Do you do the big convention in Ohio every year?

RainbowShell likes this.
  3. I live in Sweden, mostly never travel anywhere so nope.

4. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Oh!
    It's apparently a huge deal.
    My SOs brother does blacksmithing and he takes a week off work every year for this big convention.
    It's a thing, I guess
    Comes back with lots of stuff and talks about new "techniques" and a bunch of stuff

RainbowShell likes this.
  5. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

It may be the biggest (only?) in America if he travels over 1,000 miles to go..
    But idk.
    It's really my extended knowledge on it.
    I really don't know if it's a thing "blacksmithing" these days. So I thought I'd ask. Cuz he's the only one I'd ever heard of, outside of convention... But if there is a convention... It's got to be popular, right?

6. So cool, sounds like my type of place :D Good to hear your brother is a blacksmith, its slowly coming back so always happy to hear more people are doing it :)

7. Yea its getting more popular, they even have a tv show about blacksmithing now called Forged in Fire :D

8. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

9. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

I simply asked.
    He sent me those

RainbowShell likes this.
  10. That is great, happy to see so many people are interested in it in the US :)

11. iam no Blacksmith but i do have and love my
    Gränsfors Bruks axe, so i can def appreciate the fine
    skills of those who work in that industry.
    saw some amazing videos awhile back:
    http://www.torontoblacksmith.com/
    nothing compares to items made with human hands!

RainbowShell likes this.
  12. Good to hear, Gränsfors have done great axes, they used to make better ones before they started mass producing em on a grander scale, but they still do good stuff. And I couldn't agree more, hand made is the way to go.

13. I haven't tried it but some of my ancestors were blacksmiths. Seems pretty cool

14. Zestria

Zestria Fapstronaut

I always thought this was the coolest thing. I am not a blacksmith, but I have witnessed a couple in action. It always amazes me that such hard work and strength can make such delicate pieces of work. I hope we never forget the old ways.

15. Themadfapper

Themadfapper Fapstronaut

Hell of a lot of work to learn the trade. I did it many years ago and eventually got it to 360 so I could forge Stormherald, but man it was a lot of work.

16. I've never been interested in being a blacksmith myself, but I sure admire the craft. Somewhere along the line, if it wasn't for blacksmiths, I probably wouldn't have my beloved tools such the Klein's J2000 lineman's pliers or my Channellock 420's :emoji_fearful:. As an electrician's apprentice, I can't picture life without 'em.