1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Prostate cancer nofap

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by I feel bad, Dec 11, 2017.

1. I feel bad

I feel bad Fapstronaut

Hello there so im clean for 6 days without PMO, but so much people are telling me that if u dont masturbate this will cause prostate cancer and im lil a bit scary..

2. Myth. No evidence

3. Rob_B_

Rob_B_ Fapstronaut

Not masturbating will not cause prostate cancer, so you can stop worrying.

That being said, it's not entirely fictitious (or "myth, no evidence"), either. There is indeed some evidence of frequent ejaculation being associated with lower risk of prostate cancer; see eg. this Wikipedia article which cites a number of scientific papers, in case you want to look into it further.

You need to put things into perspective, though. Firstly, there are so many risk factors involved, that masturbating (or lack of it) isn't going to make that much difference - you could jerk off like a manic baboon, all day every day for the rest of your life, and still end up getting prostate cancer! Conversely, if you want to reduce your risk of cancer (not just this particular variety but most of them, not to mention many of the other big killers), then avoiding alcohol and tobacco, eating sensibly, getting enough exercise, etc., is always going to be far more useful than making sure you wank daily. ;)

Secondly, if the risk of getting prostate cancer is about 15% (as in, that's roughly the percentage of men that are diagnosed with it during their lifetime; others may die of other causes and the cancer is only discovered post-mortem), and even if stopping ejaculations altogether raises the risk by, say, 10% (of the 15%, that is, not by ten percentage points!), you only go up from 15% to 16.5%, in other words hardly a huge leap. And of course, stopping masturbating doesn't have to mean stopping ejaculating, assuming you can find a suitable partner to help you out on that front. :)

(BTW, please take all of what I've said above with a healthy dose of scepticism, as I'm certainly no expert.)

DM79 likes this.
  4. 3rdEye

3rdEye Fapstronaut

its the same thing with smoking, it causes lung cancer but it doesn't mean you will get it

5. The Watcher

The Watcher Fapstronaut

it says ejaculation reduces the risk of it. it doesn't mean you will necessary get it like for example green tea is antioxidants and it reduces the risk of cancer as well but that doesn't mean you will get cancer if you didn't drink it.