1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking to start a group for husbands trying to be worthy of your wife's trust again

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by TryingHard2Change, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Let's keep posting on this thread until we get a group.

2. TryingHard2Change

TryingHard2Change Distinguished Fapstronaut

The group is coming....i just saw a PM from an admin....i assume it will be created by this evening.

More to follow...

3. [​IMG]

EyesWideOpen, Kenzi and Jennica like this.
  4. ILoathePwife

ILoathePwife Fapstronaut

I'd be glad to help new group mods. The key to a new group is setting up group forums and directing members on how to get there.

There already is a group for PMO addicts in relationships. The focus may be different than winning back trust, however, I'm not sure. If the focus is different it's not a duplication. And I don't know how active it is. Last I knew @ChangeMattersToMe was a mod in the other group but he's been less active lately and he may have passed the torch.

https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?groups/relationship-support.23/

5. Jennica

Jennica Fapstronaut

My husband joined this group but I was curious why it appears to not in be English? It is the only group description that shows up in another language.

6. TryingHard2Change

Hhhmmm...that isn't good / isn't right. :)

I will check the group's settings right now.

7. TryingHard2Change

@ILoathePwife: I setup the private group with a few forums ... and put up a couple welcome notes, pointing people to the right place. I invited the 10 other people who commented in this thread and expressed interest...and another new person already joined.

The group is starting to take form.

ILoathePwife likes this.
  8. TryingHard2Change

@Jennica: I don't see what you are talking about .. it being a foreign language? Where / How do you see that??

9. ILoathePwife

ILoathePwife Fapstronaut

Did you just put a group description in? I think the other was just a placeholder until you put that in. Not sure but I know the placeholder is usually a bunch of gobblety gook.

I recommend a forum section for journals, if you haven't already. Some of our members like having a more private journal where a spouse, if they aren't on nofap, isn't reading. To be able to speak totally freely.

SpouseofPA and Jennica like this.
  10. ILoathePwife

ILoathePwife Fapstronaut

Oh, I see what Jennica is saying. It's the group description for the other group called relationship support.

Jennica likes this.
  11. I recommend we search the site for married guys and keep an eye out for new married members so we can invite them. Accountability Partner forum is also good for this.

12. Jennica

Jennica Fapstronaut

Let me see if I can take a screenshot!

13. TryingHard2Change

Yeah..I'm all for growing the group. But the group is NOT for everyone who is married or in a relationship. I have an AP on here -- and he is married, but he is happily married / seemingly no issues / no major marriage crisis (maybe there was one, some time ago?)

Anyway, this new group is primarily for those PA's who are in a relationship .. that is very fractured / fragile / on-life-support. I'm sure that does describe a majority of PA's who just had their DDay, but not all of them.

Anyway .. yes -- we do want to add people to our group who are in dire circumstances regarding their marriages/relationships .. and the group's goal is to help each other win our SO's heart back.

SpouseofPA likes this.
  14. Jennica

Jennica Fapstronaut

I can get a url for a screen shot from my phone but you found what I was talking about!

ILoathePwife likes this.
  15. True-Self

True-Self Fapstronaut

Are the Forums section of the groups functional now? I remember they were not back when the relationship group was created. This made the group pretty limited in my opinion. All you could was make posts on the main page.

ILoathePwife likes this.
  16. ILoathePwife

ILoathePwife Fapstronaut

Yes, I believe all groups have the ability to create forums. However, not all have perhaps realized that or actually done it. It's not too hard to do but takes a little time and figuring.

17. You're right, but I didn't even pass the torch. With the character limit on the front page and the forum section not working, I'd rather recommend using the public "Rebooting in a Relationship" forum.

18. ILoathePwife

ILoathePwife Fapstronaut

Oh dear, the forum section didn't work in the group even after they gave us the option to create that? That's a bummer. Now that we have our forums in the significant others group, it's really nice. I actually have been journaling mostly in there, because I feel safer. Also partially because I feel freer in what I can say.

Jennica likes this.
  19. Chefbass

Chefbass Fapstronaut

20. LowKeeKee

LowKeeKee Fapstronaut