1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to cross the line from friend to bf

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Happy thoughts, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Happy thoughts

Happy thoughts Fapstronaut

So I like this girl, and we have been somewhat friends for many years and recently have been growing closer. The problem is I'm very shy, and don't know when or how I can cross the line between friend and bf I like her a lot and we text a lot and talk a bit I have gone over her house to watch movies with like 1 or 2 other friends sometimes but like how and when should I make my move?
    Ps I'm 15

2. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

You know, there are many people with these sort of questions here. This is what I have got to say: If you're feeling so clueless about the situation that you need to seek help online, the two of you probably aren't made for each other. Because otherwise you should be able to talk with your friends about it, or even deal with the situation alone, i.e. together with her.

This could be the hard truth, but I might be wrong. You're also young, may be it's different. In that case it's quite simple: Show your interest by asking her out. Create a situation with only the two of you, while doing something both of you enjoy. Do this one, two or three times and watch out how she behaves. If she's ready, kiss her.

Happy thoughts likes this.
  3. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Dude, quit being shy. You're going to lose her to Chad, who is bold and courageous.

4. Karimtolstoi

Karimtolstoi Fapstronaut

Ask her the question simply you will be a winner whatever will be the answer.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. Aknaw

Aknaw New Fapstronaut

Act like you were already her boyfriend, send her encouragements text early in the morning when you know you won't be seeing each other.
    Don't spend the day texting her (tone it down to less than a dozen), awnser her text of course but If you think you'll be dating her because you guys talk a lot, well.. let just say you are probably in for a disapointment.

I know you are shy and you feel like you have nothing to offer to her but you do, you just don't know it. Go to your best friend, tell them to tell you what they think of you. It's not everything but it helps.

The most important things; Dare to be honest, your opinions matter as much as anyone else's and no matter what is said to you, listen to her she'll be happy you are honestly care.

We can't please everybody, that doesn't mean we can't please.

6. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

Brené Brown, a researcher who has spent the last few decades studying vulnerability and courage, said this, "Courage starts with showing up and letting ourselves be seen."
    It...can be pretty scary, to let ourselves be seen. But that vulnerability is what drives connection between people.
    If you can create a moment alone with her (and do this in person - in person > phone > text), ask her if she'd be interested in hanging out, just the two of you, and ask her what she thinks - "Hey...would you want to hang out - just the two of us? What do you think?"
    Protip - No is a possibility, so be cool with that answer before it comes, but definitely go into the situation with a date idea so that when she asks, "And do what?" you look like you know what time it is and you have an answer ready.

Happy thoughts likes this.
  7. Scenario analysis is your friend.

Tell her how you feel (perform recursive analysis to determine the best delivery).

She says yes? You now have a girlfriend. She says no? You have been given the freedom to spend your time on more important matters.

Watch out for the curve answers though, like "I need more time".