1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Progressive Challenge-A different kind of challenge- all levels

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by DerNeuMann, Nov 13, 2017.

1. TanglePie

TanglePie Fapstronaut

Yeah a work friend asked a few of us if we fancied doing it. Social aspect, keeping busy and also the confidence and discipline too.

2. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Everyone on this thread should take note

TanglePie likes this.
  3. Newlife793

Newlife793 Fapstronaut

I’m in! Today is day 0 ....I’m REALLY struggling to make it a week, it’s been 6 months sense I’ve PMOd on a weekday, but weekends get EVERYTIME. I have never passed a weekend so maybe I can find encouragement here, tips perhaps?

DerNeuMann likes this.
  4. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

You can MOST CERTAINLY find encouragement here. You will be glad you chose this challenge. I highly recommend that you read through the whole thread. It won't take too long. You'll find quite a bit of good startup advice as well as get to know the other men in the thread. Consider me a friend.

After you read through, if you are willing, please list your triggers here, you'll find out why once you've read the thread. This is one of the most important things you'll ever do for your future.

5. Newlife793

Newlife793 Fapstronaut

I read through some of the thread, I believe this is it, I’m starting with a 10 day goal then 20, 30 etc. but the ultimate goal is to quit forever and meet a nice girl and have a family eventually, luckily I am not a virgin and I understand what sex feels like, but I do have PIED. (Lost my vCard with penis pills, which I don’t recommend” my BIGGEST trigger is Bordem, and laziness...and I can’t fight bordem without getting over my laziness on the weekends. I have a very physically demanding job and I am absolutely drained on the weekends, so I would call it noted tiredness not laziness.

DerNeuMann likes this.
  6. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Great! Trigger understood by everyone here. All common reasons for doing nofap. I still encourage you to read the whole thread, or at least my posts, so I won't need to repeat advice. Really glad you're here.

You've got this!

With all due respect to your experience, and no insult intended at all-- if you had sex during your PM addiction, I'd like to reveal to you that you don't YET know what sex can really feel like. It's completely different and incredibly better when you have rebooted for an extended time, at least 40 days. You have no idea the extent of difference. I do and it's one of my reasons for being here.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  7. TC10

TC10 Fapstronaut

10/14. The fact that I survived the weekend is a wonder.

8. Newlife793

Newlife793 Fapstronaut

Okay I’ll go and go through the whole thread right now. And yeah that makes sense, I’m gonna go through the thread and I may have a few questions for you later if they aren’t already answered. Your support means a lot to me and I’m going to help you support everyone else, we will all get through this together

DerNeuMann likes this.
  9. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

So let's celebrate a wonder!! Knuckle bump!

10. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Excellent reply! We'll look forward to congratulate you on achieving your 10 day goal.

Rathi_svks likes this.
  11. Adam Grundy

Adam Grundy Fapstronaut

Day 7 for me as well!

Rathi_svks, DerNeuMann and Thuki like this.
  12. Newlife793

Newlife793 Fapstronaut

Heck yeah man! You most definitely got this! What is your next goal? You are gonna blow them all out of the water, I can tell you that much.

DerNeuMann likes this.
  13. Adam Grundy

Adam Grundy Fapstronaut

Just gonna try and take this one week at a time, so 14 days next! Thanks man

14. Newlife793

Newlife793 Fapstronaut

You got this, I’m going for 10 days right now. Keep us posted man! Hang in there

DerNeuMann likes this.
  15. Single Palm Change

Single Palm Change Fapstronaut

Day 5/5. SUCCESS!
    I cleaned and rearranged my room today. Feeling positive energy in there, it's a pure and pristine room now.
    Onwards towards the next challenge: doubling up, 10 days more.

I started practicing Chinese martial arts 6 months ago. During this time I have learned so much about my self and gained a new level of confidence in life that was previously unimaginable for me. It has helped me quit multiple addiction and clarified my mind and led me onto a path of evolution.
    I am so excited to hear that you are taking this path!

OK, I get you! It is so difficult to not let yourself go when you have to relax.
    I recommend that you take 15 min every weekday with a notepad and just brainstorm and plan how you could spend your next weekend so that you would have the least possible triggers and best option for success.

TanglePie and DerNeuMann like this.
  16. chinatown117

chinatown117 Fapstronaut

It's been rough for me too, but despite the thoughts, you didn't relapse. You are stronger than you think. You are in control and are reflecting on where your challenges are and what strategies you need to fight them with. That doesn't describe a weak mind, just one that is being challenged. Trust me, I know - I'm there too man.

Now Martial Arts - is a brilliant idea, I used to do Taekwondo years ago - but the underlying principle of mind over matter sounds like exactly what you need. You are strong. Remain strong. You got this!

TanglePie and DerNeuMann like this.
  17. My Day 7 started..this is my first week victory :) Thank you all for ur encouragement to reach this...my next target is 14 days...

18. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Rathi, this really is a good day for you. I know you learned a lot in the last week but the biggest thing you learned is that you can look this beast in the eye and keep it at a distance. Awesome manliness, my friend.

Rathi_svks likes this.
  19. Deth

Deth Fapstronaut

Hey! Back at day 1. Staying with friends so it's helping.

DerNeuMann likes this.
  20. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Fantastic responses. I have nothing to add to those. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking my weekend side challenge and for doing such a cracking job at it and at the cool report about the result. Really done in the full spirit of the challenge. Ye one more thing on this thread that made this an incredibly exciting day. I'm so pleased. You personally have done a lot for me in the last few days, singlechangepalm. Thank you.

And congratulations on meeting your first goal! Awesome!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    Single Palm Change likes this.