1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Progressive Challenge-A different kind of challenge- all levels

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by DerNeuMann, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Day 6 started..duolingo app downloaded..

Single Palm Change likes this.
  2. chinatown117

chinatown117 Fapstronaut

I'll post my own report for today later, but first I just have to acknowledge how awesome you are doing in both regards - as a supporter and as a Fapstronaut. You not only have helped each of us along our journey here in this thread but you are in the trenches too - still fighting against addiction. I am very proud and impressed with your heart - way to inspire, lead and support in this community!

Thank you for this challenge and the wise words of confidence - and congratulations on day 45, five more to go until the big 50 - that's awesome!

DerNeuMann likes this.
  3. chinatown117

chinatown117 Fapstronaut

So Day 14 - hanging in there, still trying hard to fight temptation.
    I feel the weekend is way more difficult because I have so many opportunities to give in - but I have not yet. I remember just three weeks ago, the mild small voice in my head suggesting that I try to limit my weekend "activities" to just 2 pmo episodes - but there were some weekends where I have been at 4 - each day. Ugh, crazy to think that. Now when I consider that 14 days in since I've started, no relapses - I am cautiously excited and proud, I say cautiously because I also recognize that I am more and more fighting urges to pmo each day. In fact last night I had a dream that I was going to PMO and right before I did the deed, I woke up. I also am having trouble averting my eyes from stupid Facebook ads, commercials or suggestive scenes on tv. I almost need to take a media cleanse. No matter what I do to avoid it (filters, blockers, avoidance) just watching simple Saturday Football will give me triggers (cheerleaders). I recognize it won't always be this bad for me, I am pretty addicted - it will take time to relearn and reassociate healthily behaviors towards sex and women. But until then, I'll continue to take it one day at a time.

DerNeuMann likes this.
  4. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Helping you guys to help yourselves helps me and it's important to me to try. Thanks for noticing. Please don't feel shy about helping me keep up with everyone.
    Thank you!!!

chinatown117 likes this.
  5. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Beautiful post.

6. CleverUsername_Taken

CleverUsername_Taken Fapstronaut

7. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Hey guy. We all know how you feel. Exactly. Over and over. But remember that you had a short streak but it was a streak. Focus on the streaks, not the relapses. Every single day you don't do it is a great day. String streaks together and try not to let a relapse turn into a binge of many times. Don't give yourself permission for that. the more streaks you string together, the longer they will get. Strategy needs to be realistic for the person.

8. TanglePie

TanglePie Fapstronaut

20/30. Urges trying to win. Not today. Up and going for a walk before work. I will beat this

DerNeuMann likes this.
  9. never2old

never2old Fapstronaut

Day 7, which was the initial challenge I took. Time to set the next milestone.. time to double down and add another 7 days to the streak.

10. Day 6 done.. thank god..

11. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

My man, Rathi!! I was worried about you this time. But you did it another day. Now the 7 day mark is In view and you are getting stronger each day against our common enemy. Get outside today. Go out to eat or to the park. While you. Are out, think about one new thing you'd like to do or try and work out in your mind how you'd like to start. Replace the urges of the old you with the clean, positive urges of the new you. Instead of the new you feeling hopeless and guilty, force the old you to be smaller and no longer your master. Reaching day 6 was very hard for you but you did reach it. Now you know it's not impossible. It will get easier at some point, I promise. You can help that along by focusing on things NOT related to your addiction. You can start a private conversation with me at any time if you want to talk this out some more. I can't always get to you quickly, especially if there is a big time difference between our locations but I'll do my best.

TanglePie likes this.
  12. MarinoBigFan1984

MarinoBigFan1984 Fapstronaut

Approaching day 8 till 90.

TanglePie and DerNeuMann like this.
  13. Sure DerNeuMann.. Thanks for your support and guidance.:)

TanglePie likes this.
  14. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

MarinoBigFan1984

Progress! Congratulations on Day 7!!!!! A whole week under the belt means that 2 weeks is a realistic possibility. If you already did one week then one more is doable. This week, start one new habit not related to nofap that you've been thinking about starting for a long time. Put your energy toward that. Maybe start going to a gym. The only problem with that aside from logistics or cost is if you're triggered by guys.

The next bit is NOT directed at Marino but for all guys in this thread:

Everyone here needs to understand that guy triggered relapses can even happen to straight guys who have a heavy P habit. There have been multiple reports on this website of that and it has to do with the brain's desperate hunt for dopamine. Don't judge our fellow strugglers.

Marino--Thank you for allowing me to use this reply to help others understand something that they might be worried about but afraid to say. I am in no way implying that you have a guy trigger.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    TanglePie likes this.
  15. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Amazing!! You did it because you were determined. Please look at my replies to Rathi and Marino from today for week 2 planning.

16. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Wow. You are getting to a point where failure is getting further behind you

TanglePie likes this.
  17. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Note to all in our thread:

Hi, men. Today marks 7-day victories for three of the manly men in this challenge thread. I'm going to be dancing in the clouds today for them because I personally understand how much this means to them.

Please take the time to scroll up a little and reply personally to each of them (Rathi, never2old and Marino). Give them encouragement and commit to helping them get through this.

Please also take the time to reply to clevernametaken (above) and lend him your strength and friendship. The men in this challenge are stronger when they are engaged in strengthening their fellow men. Focus energy away from your problems. That helps YOU. You will be more likely to succeed in your struggle if you support someone else. Everyone in this thread, including me, has social issues of some type (even if you haven't admitted it yet), usually anxiety, so start doing something about yours by connecting with these men. We're in this boat together. I love you guys.

Single Palm Change and Thuki like this.
  18. Thuki

Thuki Fapstronaut

Cheer up, for each of us not only in this thread, but probably in the whole forum, there has been a day 1.
    This is not the first day after relapsing, but your first day of being stronger than your previous self, and this will lead you eventually to day 10, 100, and so on.

Tell us please what made you relapse, so that each of us can learn from it, and with this, you'll be also more aware of your possible triggers/what to avoid.

DerNeuMann likes this.
  19. TanglePie

TanglePie Fapstronaut

Found it really tough today gents. Mind just been weaker than normal. Its 8:30pm here, I have stayed busy by being at cinema, staying around people but my mind has been a war zone of disasterous thoughts. Taking up Martial Arts classes as of tomorrow. Need focus and discipline.

20. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Whoa. Excellent idea!

TanglePie likes this.