1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Something I wasn't expecting...Oily hair reduced!!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Peacekeeper, Oct 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Fapstronaut

I can't believe it!! I'm on day 15 and my oily hair improved a lot! This is the second day I don't wash it and it is just a little bit oily whereas before if one day passed it gets oily as hell.

You don't know how much I hate oily hair, it's been a problem with me since I was 12, and it looks like shit in me because I have straight hair.

Wooww I've tried everything in the past, even no poo, and it didn't work,

MLMVSS likes this.
  2. Oily hair is a problem for me too because i have a thin hair so when my hair gets oily, they become so compressed (due to the oil) to the point that you can see my scalp.

So I'm very excited to see improvemnts for the next days!

MLMVSS likes this.
  3. Darke2009

Darke2009 Fapstronaut

Strange you should say that because I noticed my skin cleared up too! Must be some connection somehow...

MLMVSS likes this.
  4. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Too much DHT, which results from too much PMO (one source of it anyway), can cause sebaceous glands (which excrete oil) to be in overdrive. You cutting back is also cutting back on sebum production, which results in usually less greasy hair and less acne.

5. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Hopefully they come to you. :)

Meanwhile avoid hair products with sulfates if you haven't yet. It strips hair of its natural oil, which may sound like a good thing, but frequent use of sulfates actually increase oil production that, ironically, gets washed out by sulfates before the vicious cycle continues. It's quite like crack for the hair. Plus it's not that great for people with thin hair either.

Good luck on the results. :D

6. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Fapstronaut

Yes, acne also improved. I've used to have a hell lot of acne in the back and now zero.

MLMVSS likes this.
  7. Guybrushgood

Guybrushgood Fapstronaut

Did you abstein sex either?

8. Darke2009

Darke2009 Fapstronaut

Well Pmo to start with, but im also single too for now so its all helping haha