1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold showers are making me tired

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Yarxing, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Yarxing

Yarxing Fapstronaut

hey,

I dont know why, but after a cold shower I first get a raw energized feeling for about 10 - 15 min and after that my head still feels clear but my body feels like I have been om my feet for a day, heavy limbs and sort of weird tension. anybody knows whats up and has some tips?

greetings

2. Mavricko

Mavricko Fapstronaut

If you don't like them then don't do them. I don't do them personally unless I feel I need it anyway after an intense gym session. Often I'll go for a warm bath. I think everyone is different. Some people like baths, some shower, some warm , some cold. I don't believe in a one size fits all policy for anything really..

Yes it's a late reply..but the way this site alerts you it's completely irrelevant how late my reply is lol

IR254 likes this.
  3. kio_actualized

kio_actualized Fapstronaut

I don't have this problem, but I also live in a hot country. My coldest showers were taken when it was like 18ºC~20ºC here. Don't know about the temperatures in your country, but if this is making you feel bad, you should investigate the reasons why before you continue.
    Unfortunately, I can't post links here yet, but take a look at "gettingstronger" website. There's an article called "what cold showers and exercises have in common". That might be helpful. Also, if you google, you're likely to find more posts like yours which can also be helpful.

4. Physicist

Physicist Fapstronaut

cold showers can have a tranquillising effect. if they do for you, maybe only have them before bed time?

5. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

I've read cold showers in the morning wake you up, but having one in the evening actually helps you sleep. However I've never had a cold shower in the evening so if that's you maybe try mornings?

pmotina likes this.
  6. PasterofMuppets

PasterofMuppets Fapstronaut

It's weird... everyone's different. If you find them tiring, don't take them, or find a way to use cold water in such a way and at such temperature that does not get you tired.
    They basically wash away bad tiredness and stress. Showers in general do that. The cut the trauma of waking up and facing another day and get you awake and they relieve the stress you get charged with during the day and get you relaxed. If you're tired in a bad, unhealthy way, falling asleep is actually more difficult. Note, however, that cold showers before sleeping can make falling asleep harder

vibemaker likes this.
  7. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

I would suggest you to shorten the time of showering. I find them very refreshing and science
    begins to show that they are very good for health.
    When you do longer than you are capable of withstanding, it might make you a bit tired. That is true.
    Just do them quicker and try to elongate them in the future.

Stay strong!
    /Baldur

8. Yarxing

Yarxing Fapstronaut

tnx for the replies guys haha. I eventually turned to doing them for a shorter period, that helped. then I decided to do warm shower one day and the next day cold etc. made me turn back to warm showers. makes me feel way better. guess cold showers just aint for me.