1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

This insecurity is killing me!! Need help!!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Good morning/night NoFap!
    ... I have a huge problem of insecurity, and is killing me! and I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips of how to get better, how to be more secure of myself, how to stop thinking about the the things I dont want to think, to to stop wasting my time with those daydreams that comes to my mind (that actually situations that I dont want to) as much as I try to stop thinking, those toughs comes every time to my mind, and make my day awful

Since Im insecure, I WANT TO BE A SECURE MEN., I dont want this insecurity to make my days awful, really bad, I dont want this insecurity of mine, to make me waste my time, doing things that I dont want to do, like onver-thinking problem, and creating situation on my mind, that I know they wont happen!

Im not doing this for any girl, or because I want to get any girl, NO, (this has nothing to do with trying to get any girl) Im doing this for ME! my very own , Because I want to change! I dont want to be wasting my time, when those unexpected day dreams come.

Thank, I hope you could give your advice!
    Have a good day/night!

2. DeProfundis

DeProfundis Fapstronaut

Try new things. Fail at them. Find a better way to do them. Fail at them again but get better. Next time will be good. And that's how you build confidence.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. MadmanWithAFez

MadmanWithAFez Fapstronaut

Insecurity tends to just be worrying about what other people think of you. The simple solution: Stop caring! Who cares what people think of you, as long as you think well of yourself. And maybe you don't think too highly of yourself. Write down all the good things you've done in your life, all the good things about you. I did this before writing my personal statement, I never realised how inspiring it would be. If there's something you don't like about yourself, either come to accept it, or do something about it. I'm incredibly skinny, but I don't care, I joke about it all the time. Yes, I'd like to be muscular and have abs etc., but that doesn't mean I can't be confident about my body how it is. Everyone is amazing in their own right; You are amazing in your own right. Sod anyone who thinks otherwise.

4. HappyDaysAreHereAgain

HappyDaysAreHereAgain Fapstronaut

I think that you may be talking about confidence more than insecurity. Insecurity is determined by causes outside of you. During an earthquake you are not secure, the ground under you is not solid, and you do not know what will happen.
    Confidence is your feeling that you will come through your situation or problems. You can feel confident in very bad situations, or you can lack confidence when you confront minor complications. Your outlook is internal; it is not determined by outside forces.
    You can build your confidence by training, studying, building strength, planning, socializing, and meditating on your strengths and successes.
    It would help to make a list of your successes. It is easy to concentrate and worry about our failures, but that feeds our lack of confidence. If a failure is bothering you, you could learn from it and plan. How could you do better if it were to happen again, or how could you avoid letting it happening again?

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. Thanks a lot!

6. Thanks!

7. MarinoBigFan1984

MarinoBigFan1984 Fapstronaut