1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Tim_1998, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Tim_1998

Tim_1998 New Fapstronaut

Hello,
    I just recently joined, after a relapse and am looking for new/ better ways to improve my situation. I have been trying to quit for about 5-6 years now, and am really looking to drop the habit. My longest streak ever was 130 days, and I'm not really sure what happens. My biggest issue is that I will reach my goal of abstaining from PMO, but will not experience the "superpowers" that people talk about. This in turn, freaks me out and generally causes me to relapse. I am an avid musician, and am currently in college studying my instrument. I have a pretty busy day most of the time, but when plans fall through it usually leads to me relapsing. I just relapsed today and am looking to achieve my goal of abstaining from PMO until January 4th. Any advice that people could offer would be greatly beneficial.

Flyhigh likes this.
  2. MadHatter

MadHatter Fapstronaut

My initial advice? forget about "superpowers".
    Reaching a goal is, in itself, a super-feat. Be proud of your achievements so far.
    Keep studying, keep playing, keep on being creative.

I feel the NoFap lifestyle should be a means to an end, not an end unto itself.
    Plans falling through is a bitch, but try not to let it dictate your behavior.

JohnICT likes this.
  3. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome!

I agree with MadHatter, the talk of "superpowers" is overblown. What happens is you become a better person, with more practice at saying no to what hurts you, and in working hard for what is better. You grow in generosity and the ability to sacrifice.

Let me know if I can help.