1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on the NFL National Anthem Protests

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Sep 25, 2017.

Should NFL Players have the right to "take a knee" if they choose?

1. Yes

32 vote(s)
    76.2%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  1. TheLoneDanger

TheLoneDanger Fapstronaut

You seem to be distorting the facts in order to continue that narrative. There are over 700,000 police officers with the power to arrest in the United States. Let’s round that number down to 500,000. You would still need to cite 10,000 instances of police misconduct towards minorities to accuse 2% of this country’s police officers for this misconduct. If you want to make such a broad generalization and say that the current anti-police sentiment is warranted to the entire country’s police officers, you’re not being objective at all.

2. I never said the entire police force is deserving of criticism. I'm just saying as long as there are constant instances of unnecessary police brutality/harassment then you can expect this anger to continue.

3. Well if the anger is directed at the entire police force, and it generally is, then I think it's completely unwarranted and unfair, and everything I said still stands.

TheLoneDanger likes this.
  4. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Disclaimer: I'm not American (although I have lived in the USA), but from a foreigner's POV on your country, here's what I can say.

As someone with more classical liberal views, I'll say this: The American flag and the anthem represents freedom and liberty in a time when freedom and liberty were not a norm. It represents wars and bloodshed vital to protect those very concepts. It represents the success of those who risked everything they owned just to make a new life there. It represents past struggles and successes in society.

Because it represents liberty, people should never ever be forced to worship/respect the flag and anthem. The very time people will be forced to stand for that very thing representing freedom, is the time I will lose all respect for your anthem/flag.

Instead, people should find it in their hearts to respect it, if they do wish. Americans take their freedoms for granted.

wwart1020 and MiddleGround1706 like this.
  5. Baroque

Baroque Fapstronaut

The best thing about these NFL players' temper tantrums is that more Americans are turning away from football which I see as the modern day bread and circuses. Hopefully, they'll find more productive things to do with their lives and not turn to some other mind numbing activity.

6. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

I don't watch the NFL or any sports for that matter. IMO taking a knee as fine as long as they're not infringing on anyone else.

7. ConstraintsTheory

ConstraintsTheory Fapstronaut

I haven't watched any NFL game in years god it's been so long... back when Troy aikmen was quarterback for the cowboys... anyway, here's my two cents.

First of all they are entertainers they have one job shut up and play football nobody cares about their political beliefs just play the damn game. Everyone gets bombarded with political bs all day from other sources the last thing people want to see is it coming on during the game.

Second, I don't know about you all but most of the jobs I have held in the past was if you talked about politics it was indeed a fireable offense. Couldn't talk about it, couldn't wear political clothing expressing political ideas none of that. First it's unprofessional and second you're being paid to do a job not to sit around talking about your ideology or personal beliefs.

Third, this has nothing to do about free speech, or disrespecting veterans or preventing them from demonstrating. This has everything to do with being unprofessional. There is a time and a place to demonstrate your feelings and ideas and what not. I support everyone's ability to do so. At your job? Is most definitely not a place for that to take place. The players make up the NFL and because of their actions it's reflecting poorly on the organization as a whole. have you seen the ratings plummeting? They have alienated their own base because protesting at your job isn't a place to do it.

Davidphd1866 likes this.
  8. Fork2323

Fork2323 Fapstronaut

You think its really stupid that black peopel dont want cops to just shoot and kill them because they are black? Everyone knows if you are black you are more likely to be shot or go to jail and have a longer term than a white person for the same crime. And every black person knows that white cops are afraid of black men and "fear for their life" when they see black people and shoot them.. so when after years and years of living in fear that you might get shot by a cop just walking down the street as you "fit the dyscription" you say enough is enough.

9. Baroque

Baroque Fapstronaut

They probably weren't thinking that far ahead lol.

10. Baroque

Baroque Fapstronaut

You watch too much television.

11. Fork2323

Fork2323 Fapstronaut

Its called reality. I guess you are not black and have never hung out with black people.. how can you comment on something you obviously know nothing about?