1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I find kissing difficult and awkward.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Millenial, Sep 16, 2017.

1. i didnt feel good about kissing at the beginning. didn't know where to move my tongue lol then i started kissing more and improving. kissing is central to lead to have desire in the other person and have s. i am a girl and without kissing it would be very hard to then have s or just have a normal relationship. kissing is a tender and intimate act in a couple. you are going to enjoy kissing. how old are u and how many people did u kiss so far? :emoji_kiss:

Millenial likes this.
  2. Just curious, why do you find kissing to be too intimate, but not sex? Also why are you wanting a relationship if you're not desiring to also be intimate? Do you want a relationship because you hope to find someone you can grow with or do you just want one to help you pass the time so you don't feel so alone?

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. TheLoneDanger

TheLoneDanger Fapstronaut

Well, that could be because most women whose profession is sexual intercourse do not see sex as an intimate act anymore, so they still see kissing as one of the precious intimate acts that they still have.

4. TheLoneDanger

TheLoneDanger Fapstronaut

Kissing for me (all oral hygiene issues aside) is a very intimate and natural act between two people who are really into each other. Otherwise, yes, it will be awkward. That's just something you learn as you experience life and relationships.

I remember when I was a teenager and hadn't had a real, passionate kiss with a girl yet, I was petrified for when that time would come because I didn't know the "correct" way to do it, like there was some exact motion you HAD to do. But as I gained more experience, it didn't take long to realize that, again, if you find that girl that really, really likes you as much as you like her, just relax and follow her cues at first. And then the passion and technique will come naturally. And if you're both in sync, trust me that she'll think you're a good kisser.

Honestly, if my wife would stop wanting to kiss me anymore, I would be thoroughly convinced that she's losing attraction to me. There are things you can do to keep that spark, but thats a whole other topic. I just feel extremely lucky because my wife and I kiss like we did when we were first dating.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    Millenial likes this.
  5. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

Well, I do find sex intimate and I do want intimacy. I just find kissing feels weirdly over-intimate... if you think about it it is quite intense.. you're both using your mouths so there are more senses being used in total than most other stuff.

6. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

Yes I agree with all of that.
    I'm 34 and did quite a bit of making out in my late teens - maybe 15 girls.
    The problem is that the very first time I did it the girl was not very impressed with my 'technique' and this made me insecure about all the later kisses.
    I know I'm overthinking it which just makes it worse... It's the little things like where to put my hands that annoy me.. the whole business just seems too important to get wrong. Also perhaps being in private would be better... my experience with kissing was usually in public places, which probably made me less relaxed.

7. Have you tried kissing when you're on a decent streak? It seems to take away a lot of the awkwardness (or all of it)

Millenial likes this.
  8. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Kissing is definitely NOT more intimate or intense than sex. You're putting too much thought into a low key part of fooling around.

Son of a Bitch likes this.
  9. Finally the crux of the matter. It's not that kissing is too intimate, it's that you're insecure about kissing given your past experience with the first person you kissed. I think you're giving the first girl's opinion too much power over your life. If you've kissed 15 girls and haven't had complaints from all of them, then I think it's safe to assume you do not have an issue with your technique. Regardless, it's best not to overthink this. In a kiss you present yourself, your style, and you share that with someone who is doing the same.

Millenial likes this.
  10. I am a girl. My 5th guy made jokes that I was a bad kisser. then i became a good kisser. with my last guy he stopped kissing me when i had bad breath for a period. i never talked about it to him coz i felt too ashamed and didn't try to kiss him anymore, i missed kissing him coz it made me feel closer to him. he kept having s with me for 7 months. last time i kissed was last year. now i don't have bad breath anymore

def these 2 episodes hurt me and made me lose a lot of confidence so i understand how you feel. but just move on and don't over analyze. don't think about the opinion of one girl about your style in kissing years ago. you must be the only one to give confidence in you and your actions. do not care what other may say and think about you, plus you are grown man. relax more

it is a kiss, go with the flow when you kiss a girl you feel attraction and your body will guide your hands. it is a natural thing. if you feel more comfortable to kiss in private, do it. from what i have seen rarely people kiss in public. i had exes that didn't want to kiss in public coz they said people were staring but i didn't care. do what you want to do and you'll be good :)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    Millenial likes this.
  11. You have to remember, too, that kissing is a give and take. It's an act between two people. It's not just about having a good "technique" or whatever, it's responding to the person you're with and what they like. If they start to put their tongue in your mouth, let them. If they have their mouth closed the entire time, dont force it because they clearly aren't interested in your tongue. Etc. Etc. You don't need to have a perfect technique. A far better skill to improve is your ability to adapt and recognize and respond to the cues of your partner, because not every girl likes the same things. Trying to improve your kissing technique could be as useless as getting really really good at
    fingering
    just to find a girl that's hates that and prefers
    oral sex

Millenial and Son of a Bitch like this.
  12. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

You're too old to call yourself "Millenial" ... You're a generation x person.

13. Maybe everyone should stop labelling generations altogether.

14. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

I know, all the names are pretty lame.

Deleted Account likes this.
  15. recently a man in his 50s said that i was part of the millenial generation. i didn't get it lol

Poseidon likes this.