1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

For people interested in running

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by li_89_am, Sep 18, 2017.

1. li_89_am

li_89_am Fapstronaut

For anyone who is interested in getting into running, I can't recommend Park Runs enough. They are 5k runs arranged around the world by volunteers every Saturday, totally free and welcome all abilities. People bring their dogs, babies etc and just have fun.

It's a good way to get out and take part in a group activity and socialize with people at the same time as getting some exercise. All your times get recorded so you can check your progress if you're interested.

I've put a link below for anyone interested, it's very easy to sign up and free to do. They take place in a lot of countries, see the link below.

http://www.parkrun.com/countries/

Mike Bonanno likes this.
  2. SpyWare

SpyWare Fapstronaut

Sometimes i am going to run with myself. This is a good way to think and turned off. I don't have partner but good feeling when I see someone who run where I run. Furthermore the nature provides peace to you.
    My mother can't run in a long way so she use her bike. This is a possibility too.

li_89_am likes this.
  3. Cool!
    Although I'm not sure if I'm a 'real' runner yet, but I started 'Couch to 5K' a week to go, so I'm getting there.

li_89_am likes this.
  4. li_89_am

li_89_am Fapstronaut

Hi Mike

They are pretty good, ideal for beginners. The one I go to has 300-400 runners every week and there are always a lot of people who run and walk when they need to, it's a good way of building up. I've been doing the couch to 5k with my wife who has never been able to run before and she's made some good progress!

Good luck!

Mike Bonanno likes this.
  5. li_89_am

li_89_am Fapstronaut

SpyWare - it's a great combination: fresh air, exercise and socializing.

Also, as you progress you feel a sense of achievement.

Mike Bonanno likes this.