1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

anyone of you who is also always tired?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by meagainsttheworld, Sep 3, 2017.

1. meagainsttheworld

meagainsttheworld Fapstronaut

doesnt matter how long i sleep . i cant get out of my bad. espescially when i have to go to work. i hate my work and my boss. i can sleep up to 11 hours and it isnt enough..

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Could be depression. But if it is just lack of energy, something that has helped me is more exercise and B12 vitamins. I often feel really really tired all the time, and I also have issues with my hands feeling tingly, like they're asleep, when I'm just doing normal things like sitting on the couch watching TV or something. I looked it up, and it seems I was lacking B12. I looked up how to get B12 naturally, so I wouldn't have to take vitamins, but all of the natural foods that are high in B12 are things I either don't like or don't want to eat because they aren't particularly healthy (like red meat). So anyway, I started taking B12 vitamins and it helped me a lot. I haven't taken them in a while, but I should probably start taking them again, because I'm noticing the random fatigue again.

3. Also, there is such a thing as getting too much sleep. Maybe try setting an alarm to wake you up after 8 hours of sleep, then do a quick morning workout. Something mild but energizing. See how that effects the rest of your day.

4. meagainsttheworld

meagainsttheworld Fapstronaut

yeah i think i have depression for a long time now.... maybe 4 years now. but it is how it is. i dont want to get help.

5. Aw, well that's a shame. Depression is no joke, it's scary stuff. I would highly recommend you seek help. There's no shame in it! Cancer patients don't feel embarrassed or weak about going in for chemo. Mental, emotional health is no different!

6. about 80 days, you might get less tired. do your legs feel tired? mine do I know its from to much mo, soon as I do it after about 8 days, soon as I mo I feel energy leaving my legs and body.

7. li_89_am

li_89_am Fapstronaut

It's hard getting up and going somewhere you don't want to go every day, and that probably feeds your depression. PMO will probably affect that too.

I have felt less tired these last few months for a few reasons:
    -less PMO since May (had 2 relapses but much less indulgence than normal)
    -No caffeine. This is a hard one but withdrawals disappear after a couple of weeks and I feel much more awake and level through the day.
    -Drink water. I have a water bottle with me at work and constantly sip on it.
    -I exercise more. I don't always exert myself but just generally do more activity after work.
    -I enjoy my work. Maybe you should look at finding somewhere new to work, I know that's not easy, but you need to have positive reasons to get up in the morning.

I'm sure if I cut sugar and alcohol out I would feel even more awake, but I don't overindulge in either and you've got to have some treats.

8. ^ This. It sounds counter-intuitive but I used to be just like that. I used to sleep 10-11 hours a day and felt so awful when I got out of bed. So I tried 11-12 hours, then 12-13, etc.. nothing helped.

Then later I was forced to start getting up after just 7 hours of sleep, and the cloud of fatigue that had been hanging over me just completely vanished.

Too much sleep can actually leave you feeling just as bad as too little. Stay in the 7-9 hour range.

Also, cut out caffeine. I feel so much better now that I basically quit caffeine (I will occasionally drink coffee if I need to stay up, or I'll sometimes drink coke in mixed drinks when I'm having a drink or two at the weekend, but otherwise I avoid it)

The other thing is to get into the habit of getting out of bed as soon as you get up. You mentioned feeling like you can't get out of bed - well if you don't get out of bed within the first couple of minutes after waking up, you will feel a LOT more tired throughout the day than if you get up right away. It's because you start getting comfortable in your bed, so it becomes harder to part from it, and then when you do get out of it, you feel like shit.

You can use the strategy I used to use when I didn't feel like getting out of bed. As soon as I noticed I was awake and should be getting out of bed, I start counting down from 30. I have those 30 seconds to prepare and relax, but as soon as I count down to 0, I have to jump out of bed as fast as I can, no matter how I feel.

After doing that for a while it became a habit, and I now have no trouble getting out of bed in the morning.

---

Also if you really hate your work, start sending out your CV elsewhere. There's no harm in sending out applications while you're still working there. Who knows, maybe you'll find a better opportunity that you don't hate, and be able to quit, and remove a major stresser from your life.

---

Finally as @CassTeaElle said: Depression can lead to you feeling tired/fatigued all the time. You say you don't want to get help - but, you do want this feeling to go away right? If you suspect you have depression, then getting help is the only way you have to change how you feel.

You don't necessarily have to go down the medication route (I'm definitely one of the people that believe therapy should come first, and medication is more like a secondary aid/catalyst that can help - but doesn't fix the problem without therapy) but therapy can make a huge difference to how you feel. A lot of people make things like depression and anxiety out to be purely some chemical imbalance in the brain, but that's rarely the case, it's usually much deeper and there's usually a lot going on behind the scenes psychologically. Therapy can help you work through those things and be much healthier and happier. Seriously consider it. Shit, even if you don't have depression, therapy can still be very helpful.

9. So true! I'm loving this new trend of therapy becoming more mainstream and less taboo. So many people I know go to therapy, and they aren't like crazy or have serious mental health issues. I, myself, used to want to be a therapist, and I studied psychology a lot for a few years, so I'm a big believer in the power of therapy.

JesusGreen likes this.