1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

wim hof breathing

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by jobbyj, Sep 6, 2017.

1. random one - does anyone else do this breathing and if so, how is it going and how have you found it?

2. cool, i am doing the morning breathing and meditation and cold showers also
    tried bath once didnt work

i find the breathing definitely motivates me / gives me a lift
    but the larger benefits i am not sure how i test

i read the book "what doesnt kill us", that helped a bit, but i knew about Wim for a while before

Asgardian36 likes this.
  3. li_89_am

li_89_am Fapstronaut

I do the cold showers, which I do enjoy but not sure about the benefits, a few people have posted things on nofap suggesting cold showers as part of pmo recovery is a myth, but I haven't done research. I do it mainly as part of my recovery after exercise.

I have done the breathing on occasion and find my muscles feel better post-exercise and also it gives me a kind of buzz.

jobbyj likes this.
  4. Do you do it after workout??

5. Agreed i dont follow the nofap cold shower connection

A41:14A likes this.
  6. li_89_am

li_89_am Fapstronaut

Yes usually, I actually rarely have hot showers now as I don't like them after having cold showers for a while. I tend to mix between extreme cold/cool/lukewarm. I agree that it does something initially, but the novelty seems to wear off a bit. I think part of the benefit is that it just breaks your routine a bit because it's something different. Variety is the spice of life, as they say, and trying different things opens your mind, even in small ways like this.

jobbyj likes this.