1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice
mlang284
Last Activity:
Nov 22, 2020
Manage Groups:
Birthday:
Aug 11, 1964 (Age: 59)

Share This Page

mlang284

Fapstronaut, Male, 59, from San Antonio, TX

Good morning so far-optimistic for the weekend. Doing more language-related reading and that helps. Best wishes to all on the journey today! Nov 19, 2016

mlang284 was last seen:
Nov 22, 2020
    1. mlang284
      mlang284
      Hiragana lesson tonight...anyone else studying Japanese?
      1. Owari likes this.
      2. Owari
        Owari
        Ayyy right here (I said it before I think). Today I studied Kanji and watched some Japanese shows, and I also visited some Japanese sites and talked to Japanese people. I got a lot of practice today! Good luck!
        Aug 1, 2016
      3. mlang284
        mlang284
        Verrry nice! My first 10 hiragana...10 more tomorrow. Congrats on the studies and the chat with native speakers!
        Aug 2, 2016
    2. mlang284
      mlang284
      Disappointed ... back to zero toward the original goal.
      1. sean
        sean
        Same here.
        DO
        NOT
        GIVE
        UP!
        Jul 31, 2016
      2. mlang284
        mlang284
        Thanks Sean...I thought of one more strategy as a result...someone in particular I will call. Let's make this a good reboot start day.
        Jul 31, 2016
      3. Unas
        Unas
        mlang284, you are already better than the last time, everyday better than yesterday because you keep fighting! And that's the key skill!
        Jul 31, 2016
    3. mlang284
      mlang284
      10 days, stratosphere for me. A roller coaster ride at times, with some wavering, but onward we go. Thanks for good words and prayers.
    4. mlang284
      mlang284
      Told a close friend I trust, first one to hear it. She was accepting and understands the addiction a little better. Calmer now.
      1. sean likes this.
      2. sean
        sean
        Well done!
        Jul 30, 2016
    5. mlang284
      mlang284
      Tried to help a friend tonight here, and despite earnest efforts, it seems I just made it worse. I feel apologetic, and terrible.
    6. mlang284
      mlang284
      I stumbled on an old trigger I didn't expect...pray for me tonight please.
      1. sean and Deleted Account like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Deleted Account
        Deleted Account
        Damn bro. I can't let it get that bad for me. The fear of losing everything is why I quit. I have told my cousin and two friends and plan to tell two more of my friends. I don't trust anyone else.
        Jul 30, 2016
      4. mlang284
        mlang284
        Congratulations there! It took a lot of courage. I think I will have that same courage with time, as you say, with people who really care about me.
        Jul 30, 2016
      5. Deleted Account
        Deleted Account
        It's a good Idea. It was horrible telling them I relapsed. You have more reason to go on if someone knows.
        Jul 30, 2016
    7. mlang284
      mlang284
      Communication not possible w long-distance lady friend till Sunday. Day 8, high alert...rough days ahead I think. Keep me in prayer please.
      1. Sleeping_Beauty likes this.
      2. Sleeping_Beauty
        Sleeping_Beauty
        Praying for you :) I hope this goes well
        Jul 29, 2016
      3. mlang284
        mlang284
        Thank you, Sleeping Beauty. Last night went pretty well, and as a bonus, my lady friend can communicate with me today. I know I can't depend on someone else to do the work for me, but it's great to have that contact, albeit long distance.
        Jul 29, 2016
    8. mlang284
      mlang284
      Organizing is good for bringing down anxiety for me...for you as well? And with a lot of help, here I am...one entire week.
      2. Sleeping_Beauty
        Sleeping_Beauty
        Organizing can be a stress-reliever, yes :) Congratulations on your whole week!!! That's a big milestone
        Jul 29, 2016
      3. mlang284
        mlang284
        Thank you, Sleeping Beauty! Even organizing my email brings the stress down. I hope to get my apartment in better shape. I appreciate the congratulations, too...credit to God and the support here as well as recognizing my weak times a little better, even getting me through one particularly disastrous moment.
        Jul 29, 2016
    9. mlang284
      mlang284
      After writing a friend here to share some sadness, anger and hurt, much more calm...thankful for generous members here who encourage.
      1. Sleeping_Beauty, Unas and MrBigA like this.
      2. MrBigA
        MrBigA
        You're a good man, you do your fair share of encouragement also... Peace!
        Jul 27, 2016
      3. mlang284
        mlang284
        Thank you @MrBigA ! Made all the difference in the world to pour it out to a friend this morning, sharing and naming feelings, instead of rationalizing, which I do often. Have a great day of freedom, good work and creativity!
        Jul 27, 2016
      4. MrBigA
        MrBigA
        Oh, hell yeah. I'm only just realising these days that just keeping everything trapped in your head only prolongs your issues... Been doing that for years... It's rather cathartic to get it out.
        Jul 27, 2016
    10. mlang284
      mlang284
      Praying for a friend here who I hope returns soon; seemed to be doing very well, with encouragement...join me if you like!
      1. Sleeping_Beauty and Unas like this.
    11. mlang284
      mlang284
      Patience, prayer and practice.
      1. Sleeping_Beauty and Person Guy like this.
    12. mlang284
      mlang284
      Remembering HALT today. If two or more of the following are happening, time to be extra vigilant: Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. lfromcr
        lfromcr
        "Two or more of the following?" Heck, for us it just takes one of those… ha ha
        Jul 30, 2016
      4. mlang284
        mlang284
        Exactly @lfromcr - I had the "L" going in HALT and almost made a bad choice this evening. Two or more...even a higher alert. Sometimes it's all four!!
        Jul 30, 2016
      5. lfromcr
        lfromcr
        All four? Yikes.
        Jul 30, 2016
    13. youngweef
      youngweef
      So judging by your statuses,youre on day 5?
      1. mlang284
        mlang284
        Yes, getting to day 5! Doing better this morning - thanks for reading and commenting on my status. Best to you, connecting more and more with the community and building a list of great strategies to combat PMO!
        Jul 25, 2016
      2. youngweef
        youngweef
        A great thing to remember is that nofap isnt just a simple goal,its a tool you can use. If you can give up an unhealthy habit of PMO, you can pretty much do anything lol
        Jul 25, 2016
    14. mlang284
      mlang284
      Poor choice tonight leading to edging, and what saved me from O? Poor internet connection. Good news: identifying a new trigger.
      1. MrBigA likes this.
    15. mlang284
      mlang284
      Sunday morning...holy day, no problem, right? But the opposition never takes a day of rest. Seeking strength 7 days a week!
      1. MrBigA and Unas like this.
      2. MrBigA
        MrBigA
        "Devil finds work for idle hands"
        Jul 24, 2016
    16. mlang284
      mlang284
      If you face a tough moment today, there's the panic button, but you may want to contact an old friend, too -even with a hand-written letter!
    17. mlang284
      mlang284
      Wishing you focus and strength as we head into the weekend - good choices in mind, especially during blocks of free time.
      2. Sleeping_Beauty
        Sleeping_Beauty
        Wishing you focus and strength as well, also peace of mind and happy thoughts.
        Jul 23, 2016
      3. mlang284
        mlang284
        Thank you for your kind comment! I feel encouraged that you are on a good path and I can do the same.
        Jul 23, 2016
    18. Sleeping_Beauty
      Sleeping_Beauty
      Congratulations on day 1! I will be praying for your success with this streak. Feel free to message me if you want someone to hear and understand, I would like to be of help.
    19. mlang284
      mlang284
      Feeling better tonight on day 1...for me, it's a real challenge when I reach day 4 or 5. Appreciate the prayers!
      1. Unas and Sleeping_Beauty like this.
      2. Sleeping_Beauty
        Sleeping_Beauty
        I'm glad you are doing better. Keep up with this site, there are lots of people on here who are supportive!
        Jul 21, 2016
    20. mlang284
      mlang284
      A terrible day yesterday but I'm back. Thanks to the kindness of a friend who listened during a tough moment.
      1. Unas and Jorge A. like this.
      2. Jorge A.
        Jorge A.
        Man, great you are back!
        Those friends are very valuable.
        Jul 21, 2016
      3. mlang284
        mlang284
        This friend is awesome - so easy to talk to and very encouraging. Great to be at day 1 and counting - thanks for the comment!
        Jul 21, 2016
  • About

Birthday:
    Aug 11, 1964 (Age: 59)
    Language learner. The addiction brings me down and I fear it will affect a future possible relationship.

Signature

[​IMG]