1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Tao Jones

I read this today and it blew me away. The Living Word continues to speak directly to my heart, time and time again.

"This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: 'In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it.'" (Isaiah 30:15)

As we battle PMO, let us never forget that our way of fighting is not the world's way. Our strength comes through trusting Christ, repenting of choosing anything other than him for comfort and fulfillment, and then resting in his completed work for us and the identity he has established for us as children of Father God, the Creator and King of the universe.

If a lame man wants to make forward progress in life, he must first get into his motorized wheelchair. He cannot "walk" unless he first sits down and relies on a power outside of himself to do so for him. This is a picture of what our life in Christ as his disciples looks like. We cannot move forward in our own power. If we want victory and the abundant life of Christ, the only way we can get it is through completely submitting ourselves to him and relying on his power to move us.

Will we be like Israel and have none of this, insisting that we must be strong in ourselves and fight our own battles? Or will we make a different choice? Today, right now, we can decide whom we will serve in our next thought.
Marche more_vert
Marche
Thank you for this. Complete trust in God is truly the most excellent and only way forward.
Tao Jones likes this.
pman22 more_vert
pman22
This was great. A helpful tip relating to this is to pray to cover yourself with the blood of Jesus every day. It gives you the grace and the strength to continue moving into him.
Barnabas_ more_vert
Barnabas_
It's my friend favourites Bible verse (Is 30:15)
Tao Jones likes this.