1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by stands to reason

Can a Christian Live in Sin and Still Go to Heaven? NO

Revelation 21:8 - But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Epheians 5:1-7 -
Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

Galatians 5:16-26 -
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Romans 1:22-32 - Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Let no one be deceived, and of himself. Let not one soul here at Group Christian Fapstronauts be deceived. An unrepentant heart will send you to hell.
Deleted Account, Tao Jones and ndrew like this.
onceaking more_vert
onceaking
What is hell? Where is hell?
stands to reason more_vert
stands to reason
Hell is a place of torment. The Bible does not give the location other than it is below physical earth. Revelation 9:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. 2 Peter 2:4 - For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast [them] down to hell, and delivered [them] into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; Revelation 20:14 - And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. Hope that helps?
onceaking more_vert
onceaking
Okay. What's the difference between Hell, Sheol, Hades and Gehenna?
stands to reason more_vert
stands to reason
I suggest you research those things out for yourself. My purpose here is to guide those who desire to end sinning, and change their mind and heart about it. I desire to help souls examine themselves. Do you want to go to heaven?
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
That is the "Bad News" and it is an important first step. But there is Good News for us, too! Romans 3 tells us: "For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. Yet God, in his grace, freely makes us right in his sight. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins. For God presented Jesus as the sacrifice for sin. People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood." What must we do to be set free? Believe! No one who loves the Lord with all his heart will continue to love sin, too.
onceaking more_vert
onceaking
@stands to reason I have and still am. I suggest you research it too because if you're saying all this stuff, without it being true you're probably causing people needless grief. I think scaring people into not sinning doesn't work - it sure didn't work for me but cause me to have great anxiety. Almost Heretical did a fantastic series on hell and heaven: https://almostheretical.com/episodes/scared-to-death-hell-part-1
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
I'll quote Lewis again here, because I think he absolutely nails it. 'There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, in the end, "Thy will be done." All that are in Hell, choose it. Without that self-choice there could be no Hell. No soul that seriously and constantly desires joy will ever miss it. Those who seek find. Those who knock it is opened.' Separation from God is a choice. We *can* choose differently.
Deleted Account likes this.
onceaking more_vert
onceaking
@Tao Jones CS Lewis had an interesting view of hell which is very different from what is being discussed here.
onceaking more_vert
onceaking
To answer stands to reason question I don't know if I want to go to heaven. I think it would be quite depressing to be there. Think about it, we'll be in heaven and people below us are burning in hell. Someone like Alexandra, the creator of this site, who have put so much work into the running of this site will be in hell because he happens to be an atheist. This site has helped many of us so how could we be happy the creator of this site is burning in hell. I think only if you're sadistic you'll enjoy heaven. I think heaven and hell are as bad as each other.
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
@King Og of Bashan Want to really cook your noodle? Check this out! Very interesting perspective.
Deleted Account likes this.
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
Let's not forget that God is unfailingly good. If we look at a scenario and see that it is not good, do you think we have somehow outmaneuvered God? We cannot! So, if even we know something is not good, we can be sure that our understanding is faulty or incomplete. We cannot out-good God! :) The real question is: Do you trust him? If not, why not? That is where our work lies, as Jesus teaches in John 6 -- our work is to believe! It can be a very difficult task, but he will help us every step of the way.
Hopingforfreedom more_vert
Hopingforfreedom
King Og, Hell is real simple. It's "without God". After this life you have no control, it's not in your hands at all what happens to you, but it is REAL SIMPLE what God will do with you. You are either in His presence, you have a NEW name, a NEW body, there is a NEW heaven and NEW earth to live in,(see Rev) OR, you are not with God. The end. As far as you not understanding "Alexandra, the creator of this site, who have put so much work into the running of this site will be in hell because he happens to be an atheist." God uses condemned persons to accomplish His plans throughout the world's history!! You can't WORK your way into God favor.
stands to reason likes this.
onceaking more_vert
onceaking
I watch the whole video on the weekend @Tao Jones and it was better than I expected. It sets a different tone to this thread. I agree with what he said about that guy who said people who don't read the KJV will go to hell. Although I do think he gets the parable of The Rich Man and Lazarus. I don't think the point of it is about hell but about how the poor should be treated. The parable is in line with the common theme in the Bible of people trying to cling onto their power.
This is the best video I've watched on hell:
Tao Jones likes this.
onceaking more_vert
onceaking
The thing I like about it is he goes through the different interpretations of the scriptures on hell. In part 2 he shares what his personal view is but doesn't make a big deal about it. He lets people decide what interpretation makes the most sense.
Here's part 2:
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
I will check these out as soon as I am able. Thanks!
onceaking likes this.