1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by thatsingleindividual#K-13

I was baptized on March 31, 2018. I had made it through RCIA and I was proud of my accomplishment. I remember on that day, and the days before, and the days following, I thought to myself: "If there's one thing I do not want to be, it is one of those types (of Catholics) that nonchalantly admit and shrug their shoulders: 'yeah, I'm kinduva bad Catholic.'" Some people would call this lapsed. I, on the other hand, do not consider myself lapsed. I would consider myself lost, in the sense that I have fallen away and aimlessly wondering. I'm in Austria now and so I do not go to the church like I do at home, and so there is a degree of separation (I can only understand so much German, for crying out loud!). I pray every night but my prayers are mechanical, rather repetitive (Oh Lord, I ask for your help...). I do not read the bible nor catechism often like I should (and right now I do not have them with me, as I sent them back home since I'm leaving Austria next week). But even at home, I do not read them like I should. The thing is, is that I am not really motivated as of now. What happened to my inner Catholic? I'm baptized and I'm also a member of the Knights of Columbus.
I'm 21 (going on 22) and I know I'm in a stuck position that a lot of young men have. I'm alone, I've got some struggles (such as for the reason for being on here), and I'm waiting. I disappoint myself. Despite my pride in being Catholic, it was not so easy. I am a lonely person and worse yet, my conversion was rather lonely. I was going to a place where most people I do not know and being the only Catholic in my family, I feel so isolated.
miXhal more_vert
miXhal
Read all you wrote, and I must say, it is quite challenging to respond in the right manner. So many impulses here! Would you mind starting some regular thread, so we could write longer comments, or just starting a conversation? What suits you better?
LavaMe likes this.
LavaMe more_vert
LavaMe
I agree with miXhal. A thread in the group forum would be great for this and your other post.