1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by FranzVenator

“Late have I loved you, beauty so old and so new: late have I loved you. And see, you were within and I was in the external world and sought you there, and in my unlovely state I plunged into those lovely created things which you made. You were with me, and I was not with you. The lovely things kept me far from you, though if they did not have their existence in you, they had no existence at all. You called and cried out loud and shattered my deafness. You were radiant and resplendent, you put to flight my blindness. You were fragrant, and I drew in my breath and now pant after you. I tasted you, and I feel but hunger and thirst for you. You touched me, and I am set on fire to attain the peace which is yours.” - Augustine of Hippo
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
There is no other peace that compares. The world cannot offer it because it does not know it or understand it. It comes only from the Spirit and is given to all who yield care and control of their lives to Christ and learn to rest in him. He loves us beyond understanding. He is worthy of our lives and out trust. "Choose this day whom you will serve."
Pips more_vert
Pips
That is beautiful.
FranzVenator likes this.
FranzVenator more_vert
FranzVenator
Yeah! CS Lewis used to say the world seeks for too small pleasures. Let us not pursue the shadows of the greatest pleasure that is in the Lord, but the Lord himself!
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
@FranzVenator
“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”
― C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory, and Other Addresses
frogs2345 more_vert
frogs2345
That's another one I need to read