1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by DestinedToBe

Currently, i'm not just stopping PMO, but any sexual thoughts whatsoever, but it's not easy, the devil ain't leaving me alone, bad images during my prayers, when i study, and once i did give up and think for a while, i leaked without even being turned on(making me doubt my progress), i can't eat in peace, i can't sleep in peace, i can' t close my eyes without images just popping on my mind, i have an exam in 4 hours and i can't sleep because of what i'm fighting, i keep fighting and praying but nothing makes'em go away, i don't know what to do so here i am writing a post while crying hoping that anyone would pray for me, please if you have time pray for me, i deeply need it, i can't even sleep. I hope no one experiences what i'm currently facing.
Healed! more_vert
Healed!
I will pray for you and I promise you will get through this!
HigherPower72 more_vert
HigherPower72
Stay devoted to your cleansing and I can assure you that the images will fade with time. This will get easier, and you can overcome this. Remember we are never given more than we can handle, PMO is no exception to the rule. I find meditation to be a very useful tool for mitigating racing thoughts...15-20 minutes/day. Prayers!
Deleted Account and emanuel_free like this.
frogs2345 more_vert
frogs2345
As you stop PMOing, the thoughts will go away. Pmo addiction indices a kind of OCD due to a lack of dopamine and serotonin that would have been made by the behavior we are trying to stop. It is your body trying to maintain it's current state. Do not despair. Look up the "Defuse method" for thoughts. Use snap bands on your wrist to make it a little painful to have those.
Deleted Account likes this.
frogs2345 more_vert
frogs2345
However, strong sexual desire is not a sin. Lust is. It is okay to feel attracted to women, as long as your thoughts do not lead to thoughts of sex or pmo. God gave us sexual attraction to lead us towards marriage and to drive us to save ourselves for that one person. Society has corrupted it with sin so that any sexual attraction must lead to sex. This is what pmo does. Read some interesting books. Try "The four loves" by CS Lewis.
Deleted Account likes this.