1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Dadncharge50

Good morning. It’s Friday. Day 6. A bit apprehensive about the day. I’m struggling with my own selfishness. My in-laws may be visiting today and this will be weekend #3 that my wife’s family has her full attention. Meanwhile, she has been quiet and distant. And I sit across the room from her most evenings watching her on her phone reading or texting. Interactions lately are difficult because she will pepper me with questions without pause for answers. When I say something she gets angry and defensive. And I’m so tired of that routine. So the root of resentment is apparent. I’m trying to own my own part of this but she is convinced that I’m just being difficult. We’ve been playing this game for the almost 30 years of marriage. And I’m reaching the end of my rope. All this feeds my desire for PMO. Which is the ultimate lie or course. When i mention counseling she says you should go. So frustrating.
Trappist likes this.
Trappist more_vert
Trappist
So perhaps you should go? When one person starts to get better, it changes the dynamic and can encourage the other to also seek recovery. You might learn something that gives you an edge to your problems. Lead by example? Avoid contempt for the other if they are slow or don’t follow your expectations. Just a thought.
Delirious 1 2018 likes this.