1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by longjourney

One of the phrases from the sub-reddit that resonates with me is "The discomfort of discipline is nothing compared to the pain of disappointment." I was very excited to find a biblical parallel when doing devotion today:

Heb 12:11 "No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it."

Hebrews and James were frightening books before I better understood God's grace. They were a subtle reminder that I had this nagging addiction I needed to shake before I could fully attain God's gift for me. It was subtle, but it was there. Now, from the platform of God's grace, I am excited to use my time for self improvement to his glory out of pure thankfulness. The fog is lifted!

Thank you all for your continued support. God be with you!
McDreamer, kevinfine, CLAW66 and 4 others like this.
sk8terboy123 more_vert
sk8terboy123
I like the the author of Hebrews analogizes to the disciplining of a son by a father -- never too heavy-handed, always done out of love, always done for our good (Heb. 12:10). Support and prayers to you!
longjourney and kevinfine like this.
diddykong more_vert
diddykong
Amen! Just because our Father shows infinite love for us and forgives us, it doesn't mean that he won't punish our transgressions. He does it with love because he knows that the eternal price of sin is far worse.
longjourney and kevinfine like this.