1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Gym

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Caveat Emptor, Mar 8, 2014.

1. MelancholyWeightlifter

MelancholyWeightlifter Distinguished Fapstronaut

This is my kinda thread! I'll just say that I love training of all kinds. I think it's important to find something you enjoy. If you like it, you'll keep doing it.

I am a certified personal trainer (nasm) but no longer train. Between that and thousands (literally) of hours of researching I'd like to think I know a little. Or maybe I'm just obsessed, LOL.

Anyway vlaw I would definitely continue doing your bodyweight exercises, but you gotta do more then push ups if you want some decent results. I'd recommend adding in air squats and pull ups, that way you can work your whole body. Plus if you only do pressing movements it creates muscle imbalance that can lead to pain. If you do them in a circuit you can simultaneously build some muscle and gain a general level of fitness and some cardio. Now without any added resistance you will plateau, so eventually you would need to get a weighted vest or something.

Example of a circuit:

5 Rounds:
    10 push ups
    5 pull ups
    15 air squats

Also, speaking of broscience and bulking, here you go: There is a split second shot of cencosered nudity, but its super funny if you don't mind. Fair warning. Also bonus NoFap fact in there! How To Bulk:

http://youtu.be/AeOh18mWWzg

2. IGY

IGY Guest

Is it not the case that vigorous exercise increases testosterone levels in the blood. So if your testicles are pumping out sex hormone, won't you get more boners, sexual dreams etc, and for masturbation addicts more urges to satisfy ourselves? I remember you said the other day that you got 6 erections during the day (without a sexual trigger). It seems that you are overexercising and lifting and your balls are pumping out too much sperm?

3. vlaw

vlaw Banned

I can eat a CLEAN DIET of 3000kcal per day. I already avoid junk foods anyway. But that would cost me money were I am. I perfer to save that money for my trips to Thailand.

4. vlaw

vlaw Banned

Thanks. Will try to buy a pull up equipment I can hang on my door.

5. vlaw

vlaw Banned

Hi can you please tell me if I'm eating enough.

My morning breakfast is usually 100g of oats,4 table spoon of ground flaxseed and a banana with cold water. Then about 3 hrs later in the afternoon, I eat about 50g of almond nuts. Two hrs later I eat another banana. Then for dinner, I usually eat a lot of brown rice or 250g of brown spaghetti with one boiled egg and a chicken. Two hrs later, I eat another 50g of almond nuts. Then one/two hrs before I sleep I eat another 50g of almond nuts.

I avoid bread, milk and junk food. I have a feeling I'm not eating enough calories. Probably why I get sick after exercise. I'm also slim. Some of the people i know who are into strength/body building usually add junk foods like beef burger to their diet to increase calories. Then tend to get result but I want to avoid that route.

Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  6. MelancholyWeightlifter

It's possible I suppose. But, the level I train at most people would consider over-training. If I am actually crossing that threshold my test should be lower. By yeah, it sure doesn't feel like it.

7. IGY

IGY Guest

No, the more you do the higher your testosterone will be - as it seems to be with you. If you eased up on the training you would get less arousal.

8. vlaw

vlaw Banned

Yes the 250g Is dry mass with one or two chicken thighs. Btw i will be 30 next month. Guess I'm already too old lol

Anyway thanks. Wil try to aim for 3000calories when/if ever I decide to hit the gym.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  9. MelancholyWeightlifter

I love lifting way too much to stop. In my personal experience it sucks the energy out of me, so I have no energy to relapse.

10. Goodmood

Goodmood Fapstronaut