1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think this girl likes me, and what should my next move be? Need help!!

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by superstorm250, Jul 12, 2017.

1. superstorm250

superstorm250 Fapstronaut

I posted this in another section, but it wasn't the right place for it, and sorry for this being long, but I really need help!!!

Hey everyone, so for the past month and a half I was working at a seasonal job that I do every year at the county fair. And for that job, I stayed somewhere closer to work and there was no internet, so I was able to get over a month clean from PMO. Well this year I worked a different shift than I normally do and I got to work with this girl who worked there for the first time last year, but we didn't work the same shift last year so I never saw her last year like I did this year. I thought she was cute and really nice, just REALLY shy so I spent more time working with her and joking around with her, but I still haven't been able to tell if she likes me back. And to make things more interesting, her 17 year old niece worked with us too (the girl I like is 20 and I'm 23) and I know for a fact that she is interested in me because she always wanted to be around me at work and was always touching me (which made me very uncomfortable because she's a minor).

So that makes things even more difficult and makes me question her aunt's interest in me even more. When me and the girl I like would spend time together, she would be smiling a lot and we would be laughing together a lot too. I also found out that she loves pandas so I won her a couple of plush pandas from the carnival games, but I busted on her and made her do a couple of things out of her comfort zone before I gave them to her, which I think helped. On our last day of work, she came up and asked me if I needed help with what I was doing even though there was a lot of other things, so I got to talk to her and work with her a lot more. And my other coworkers there know that I like her, and they said that she had a smile on her face the whole time she was with me even when were weren't talking to each other, and the day before I was sweeping and she was working the info booth and they said that they kept catching her looking at me. And meanwhile, her niece was pretty mad that I was spending so much time with her on the last day, she wouldn't talk to me or her aunt for a little while after that. Now that job is over and I won't be around her anymore, so what do you think I should do and do you think she likes me based on what I said?

Also, we haven't talked since our last day of work, which was 8 days ago. So I feel like I need to hurry otherwise she might move on!!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  2. The Consigliere

The Consigliere Fapstronaut

I say make a move. The job is over and you won't be seeing her that much outside of work. Text her and see if you two can meet up to get something to eat or just interesting, but ordinary to do. The worst thing you can do here is not making a move. I was in a similar position once (minus being coworkers) and I never made a move and I lost my chance at a potential relationship that I feel could have gone well. Make the move do. Text her right when you see this message and work out a day and time to meet each other. Good luck with her! And don't worry about her cousin. She's a minor and she's only trying to cockblock.

Headspace and vibemaker like this.
  3. superstorm250

I could've texted her yesterday, but I couldn't pull the trigger and just do it. Even though she posted to snapchat that she was bored and not doing anything, and my sister who has taken and passed college level female psychology classes was here and could've helped. I feel like crap now, I almost don't think I should even try to text her anymore because you couldn't have asked for an easier scenario, now its gonna be a lot harder and there's way more of a chance of me completely failing if I text her. I was gonna start it out with a simple "Hey how are you? :)" but I don't know where it will go from there, I don't want it to lead to a conversation that places me in the friendzone.

4. The Consigliere

Pull the trigger and shoot her a text. The clock is ticking and you'll eventually lose the chance. You gotta make a move dude. All that stuff you have described above are signs that she's into you. If I were in your shoes I would make a move man. Don't lose the chance.

KevinesKay likes this.
  5. superstorm250

Yeah, but have I already lost my chance? I keep thinking that 8 days is too late, but I'm not sure and it definitely won't be as easy texting her today as it was yesterday.

6. Nuth

Nuth Fapstronaut

I would just say: the worse thing it can happen its you geting shut down. And that's ok! We can't always get what we want (unless it's a movie, and a one that doesn't tell all your life, just part of it). But, the thing is, if you don't try, you'll never know if you stood a chance. To me, the "what if" tought drives me mad.

The Consigliere likes this.
  7. The Consigliere

Text her now. You text her and I'll text the girl I'm interested in. I know she isn't having the best day, so maybe I might be able to cheer her up. I don't know lol.

8. Drew140

Drew140 Guest

You lost your chance.

ᏕოᎥլꂅᎩ likes this.
  9. Drew140

Drew140 Guest

Over a week is way too long. You had clear signals.

ᏕოᎥլꂅᎩ likes this.
  10. The Consigliere

I would still give it a chance. At least it's not a couple weeks or over a month.

11. superstorm250

No I think Drew is right, I'm pretty sure I lost my chance. I texted her and you guys can be the judge, but I think I failed pretty badly. Maybe it would've gone differently if I had texted her sooner instead of waiting over a week.

Attached Files:

12. The Consigliere

Instead of chatting over text messages see if you two can meet up to get something to eat or anything else in mind. Based on your conversation over text, she provided pretty basic responses. Making the initiative to actually meet up might bring some energy back into your friendship and even a potential relationship. You can't tell much over text messages hence why face-to-face or a phone call is a better. I just try to look at the bright side of things and go from there.

Nuth likes this.
  13. Drew140

Drew140 Guest

You have to make the move not think.

Someguy32 and The Consigliere like this.
  14. Nuth

Nuth Fapstronaut

By the way: make her talk about herself also. You just droped a lot of information about you while she was keeping it simple. Try to know what she thinks about something.

Exemple: instead of telling her what you did in highschool, you could just ask what kind of environmental photographs does she have in mind. Is it fauna? Flora? Both? If you know something about photography (witch I cleary don't) you already know some of the tecnical slang and stuff.

I don't know how people where you live usualy do meetings, but here in Brazil I would already call her for a beer (or w/e your poison its). Alcohol usually makes people get more confortable and bound more quickly.

takeaction21 likes this.
  15. superstorm250

Yeah I probably did talk about myself too much, I'll try and ask her more about herself but she's extremely shy and still keeps it pretty simple when I ask (like when I asked her about work). We're actually still texting though, we were texting past midnight last night and throughout today. I just haven't updated this thread with what else has happened. And we live in the US where the drinking age is 21 and she's 20 so I can't take her out for a drink. And the situation with her niece makes it a little more difficult to take her out by herself.

Nuth likes this.
  16. kingpietro

kingpietro Fapstronaut

The only way to know if a girl likes you is to MAKE A MOVE and see if she rejects you or not.

i've had girls who played with their hair, touched me a lot of times, smiled at me , laughed. And we had a great conversation in which i didn't had to put effort in to keep the conversation going she also was asking questions. But in the end she didn't want to kiss me she didn't want to go out with me..

and I’ve had girls who acted like they thought i was a loser because they ignored me or didn't talk a lot of when I asked them things. But those girls kissed me back and Sayed yes when I asked them out and let me have sex with them..

so yeah the best move to know if a girls like you is taking the lead and see of she says yes or no.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    Nuth likes this.
  17. superstorm250

I don't think there's even a point trying to make a move with this girl. I have new screenshots so you guys can see for yourselves, but it doesn't look good just by going over the texts. And she's responding a lot less often now, and we also added each other on Facebook and Snapchat back when we were still working together and I noticed that now after I send a response, she's adding new posts to her story and sharing stuff on Facebook. So she sees my text, I think she's just deliberately waiting hours after I send it so that we don't have to text back and forth. But you guys might have a different opinion, so you can read the screenshots and see for yourselves.

Attached Files:

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      118.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      127.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.PNG
      3.PNG
      File size:
      125.8 KB
      Views:
    • 4.PNG
      4.PNG
      File size:
      124.1 KB
      Views:
    • 5.PNG
      5.PNG
      File size:
      142 KB
      Views:
    • 6.PNG
      6.PNG
      File size:
      115.4 KB
      Views:
    • 7.PNG
      7.PNG
      File size:
      128.1 KB
      Views:
    • 8.PNG
      8.PNG
      File size:
      116.4 KB
      Views:
  18. Zapster21

Zapster21 Fapstronaut

My friend. Why do you write sooo long messages back? She keeps it in one line, and you go on with 10 lines.

Sorry, but you have to make a move! All you do it to talk about uninteresting shit that does not build any attraction. Instead of focusing on if you think that she likes you or not, ask her out immediately!

If you decide not, you will sit and wonder forever.

19. kingpietro

kingpietro Fapstronaut

Sorry to break it to you but you entering the "friendzone". And it isn't because she doesn't like you its because you are acting like a friend a guy with no sexual interest. A guy who she can talk to well and have good conversations. You are talking to her and texting her just like she does with her girfriends or other male friends.

Whats the difference between a friend and her boyfriend? sexual tension, the fear of rejection, the fear of losing someone. Its something she didn't felt and you.

Thats why you shouldn't wait to long for asking her out and showing your'e male energy that you want her. Because if you don't she will thinx you just want to be friends and can you blame her in this situation? You are acting like a friendly co worker who likes to talk to her and is ALLWAYS AROUND HER, AND IS TEXTING HER CONSTANTLY instead of a guy who wants to date her...

show you are interested but not by showing you're emotions. Do it by out teasing her,flirting with her and then asking her out.

And about the texting only use that to ask her out. Same goes for telephone. Because if you talk hours and hours through text why should you go on a date? you already talked.. Like she does with her friends... There isn't a challenge a craving to see someone.

The longer you wait the bigger change you will be in the purgatory of "friendzone"

MY ADVISE:

ask her out for a drink have a playful conversation tease her a little bit act like she isn't the most important thing in you're life.

After the drink kiss her without asking it. JUST GO FOR IT. Go for the rejection. Don't touch her hair or other things just do it.

if she doesn't kiss back sorry bro but its time to move along and look for other girls.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  20. sknnyjns

sknnyjns Fapstronaut

I think you already went in with the idea that it wasn't gonna work. From the first texts from her i would definitely say that she was interested, like other people already told you, it would have been better if you asked her out. I know it might be scary to be rejected but if you always act with the fear of being rejected you are not really yourself. Just try to be yourself and connect with her. Maybe you still have a chance with this girl, just ask her out and see what she says. Just like everything else in life, the more you talk to girls /women the better you become at it so if you have trouble with texting or talking to a girl just try to do it more. Good luck.