1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hair growth because of nofap???

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Abaadh, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Abaadh

Abaadh Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Hello everyone
    I am on Day 15 of my 90 Day challenge. I have been suffering intense hairfall and hair thinning for last 7-8 years. In a young age of 28 years, I have become nearly bald from front.
    I have read stories about people regrowing hair through nofap. There are youtube videos over it. I was wondering if anyone has felt any betterment in their hair quality or quantity?

2. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

I lose hair and im 14

3. J247

J247 Fapstronaut

I've seen a video saying you have to be on nofap for a minimum of 3 months, most often it's s minimum of 6 before hair regrows. If it does. I will say however that I noticed the amount of hairs on my pillow have drastically dropped since I started nofap.

LeonardX and Abaadh like this.
  4. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

I never heard of this, I don't see how masturbation is tied to the hair on the top of your head, but you never know.

Ready to be healthy likes this.
  5. J247

J247 Fapstronaut

It's because of all the nutrients (can't remember what they are) that go into semen are taken away from other parts of the body, so if you keep fapping then you deplete those nutrients from where the body can take em (hair). Once you stop fapping then those ingredients can be dispersed throughout the body again.

LeonardX likes this.
  6. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Yeah but if fapping was tied to hair loss, there would be a hell of a lot more bald people out there. Sometimes going bald is just genetics.

7. Abaadh

Abaadh Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Well hairfall is definitely having a genetic angle. However the baldness seems to kick in a lot faster in modern generation as compared to the older ones. I have read articles where people have mentioned how fapping triggers conversion of testosterone into DTH and thus increasing its level in the body. DTH is primarily responsible for hairfall and hair thinning as it sits on the scalps and reduce the nutrient intake of hairs.
    Moreover from my personal experience, there was a phase of life when I masturbated for 3-4 times a day for nearly a month. (Usually I do it 5 times a week). And I noticed extraordinary amount of hairfall in the next few months and the most rapid decline in hair-stock over my head.

Vedas_fr and LeonardX like this.
  8. J247

J247 Fapstronaut

It's due to excessive fapping.

9. Abaadh

Abaadh Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

A quick update. I am noticing a lot less hairfall compared to the usual. I am on currently day 19.

10. J247

J247 Fapstronaut

Same here bro. It's a good sign, and I'm hoping it's going to reverse too.

LeonardX and Abaadh like this.
  11. Prem_Raja

Prem_Raja Fapstronaut

any updates guys ??

12. Ready to be healthy

Ready to be healthy Distinguished Fapstronaut

Well... honestly I don't think masturbating will make a huge difference to hair loss or not- as someone already said if fapping mad you loose your hair- then 80% of the male population would have thinning/receding hair lines. I'm sure excessive masturbation perhaps makes a slight difference to body nutrients but to the point where excessive hair loss happens/suddenly stops when fapping stops..... i'm sceptical to be honest.

A lot of people on these forums seem to want to blame a multitude of problems on fapping hoping for a magical fix when they give it up. Sorry to be a naysayer but genetics is the most likely cause- what is your farther/brothers/uncles/grandfathers hair like?

13. emman

emman New Fapstronaut

Dude do you even understand genetics when it comes hairloss and dht? When you fap and are predisposed to dht sensitivity in your genetics, then you will lose hair when you fap. But when a guy has no predisposition of dht sensetivity, then they can fap all day without losing one strand of hair. Do you understand now why most people who fap dont lose hair? Its because most people are not genetically sensetive to the DHT hormone. DHT is important to males because it is responsible for a healthy erection. That is why propecia has erectile dysfunction side effects because it blocks all the dht in your body making it very hard to gain an erection. So if you are not sensetive to dht then you are lucky and you wont see any negative effects on your hair when you have sex or fap. Testosterone converts to dht when you ejaculate which is bad news for the people who are genetically sensitive to the DHT hormon. So people who are sensetive to dht will get an itchy/tingly feeling after they fap. Its the dht kicking in. Also, this has nothing to do with nutrients. So much ignorance in this thread

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    Jimmyneutronbustsnuts likes this.
  14. ConstraintsTheory

ConstraintsTheory Fapstronaut

I think that there is a lot more to it than just fapping away your hair. It might be a factor to hair loss but as many have stated genetics plays a roll. I'd also mention stress levels and environment.

I've been fap free for about 4 months and haven't really noticed any difference as far as hair re growing but as many have stated I don't have much hair loss anymore say like on the pillow or when I shower.

15. Just go bald man, it's okay. My boss is 29 and he always wears a hat. If you look like shit, then just wear this. [​IMG]

16. emman

emman New Fapstronaut

Genetics plays a role because people who geneticaly go bald are sensetive to dht and when you fap everyday you are converting Testostrone into dht which ONLY affects people who are genetically sensetive to DHT. So no shi its genetics but genetics is whats behind the reason of making you sensetive to dht. You dont just go bald just because the word “genetics”, but you go bald due to a mechanism(which is being sensetive to dht) which means your body attacks itself because it thinks dht is a virus due to your genetics. So i dont want to hear ignorance and people just spouting the word “genetics” without actually clarifying and going into detail of what the genetics of going bald actually does. For the 10th time, the genetics of going bald is basically a malfunction that makes your scalp sensitive to the dht hormone(hence the word “genetics”) your hair doesn't just fall just because. If you are not sensetive to dht then you are genetically not bald but if you are lossing hair for other reasons other than sensetivity to DHT, then your hairloss is not genetic.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  17. ConstraintsTheory

ConstraintsTheory Fapstronaut

Yes, you are correct and thanks for a clear explanation. The point I was trying to get across though was that there are other factors to consider aside from genetics that can contribute to hair loss.

18. LeonardX

LeonardX Fapstronaut

Some here, I don't loss as much hair in my NoFap journey. I am going to see whether my hair start regrowing after 90days. I am still going strong.

PS: Sleeping early is important for hair as well.