1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

FML without IGY

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by NF SINCE BIRTH, Mar 19, 2017.

1. FML. I am so goddamn depressed today. I do not have many real life friends anymore. I isolated myself. Attempted suicide 3 times. Got hospitalized in the emergency psych unit 3 weeks ago. To cope I got help from IGY on this site. He did not care if I posted several posts a day with endless psychotic and depressive rants. I just needed someone to listen without judgement and I got that. I visited a friend of mine today, a girl. She is moving to London soon. That ruined my day. I saw two movies with her but when I left I just stood there, out in the snow crying. Then I came back home to post a new rant about my miserable feelings to IGY. Since he is always is listening. Now he is gone. I am sobbing. R.I.P IGY.

2. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

3. I've followed your posts for years, it saddens me that you haven't found the answer yet. You're still here and trying, while there's hope there's always a chance. Keep going and try to stay strong. That's all you can do.

4. EyesToSeeEarsToHear

EyesToSeeEarsToHear Fapstronaut

What? R.I.P? Has IGY passed away? R.I.P? Seriously?

I know he's very well known here and has been helpful to many. Sad news.

5. He is not dead but his account is pending for deletion. Someone or something made him leave the site for good.

6. I didn't know much of him, I think he just left the site; RIP is probably more in reference to his Nofap death than literal.

He was probably burdened by all the support he was offering individuals. It becomes a heavy weight on the shoulders.

7. EyesToSeeEarsToHear

EyesToSeeEarsToHear Fapstronaut

Oh ok. I see he'll be missed for good reasons. Good leader.

If he wants to leave though it's only right to let him without guilt tripping him. It's no sin. I hope things go well for him.

8. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

But I'm seriously worried about him. We exchanged many messages and this site seemed to be the only purpose of his life at the moment, and I must say I'm not sure what else he will do now that this purpose is gone for him. He was struggling with loneliness. He also left when he was not doing well because of relapses, and look at his post in the thread Dying alone.

I owe him a lot. During the last year he always helped me to get back on track when I relapsed and not take it too easy.

9. Yea I see the cause for concern. Unfortunately, there's not much we can do but hope all is well and that it's simply an attempt to shift his life in a new direction.

10. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

Yeah, you are right about that.

11. I haven't been too active on this site, but what I can say is that IGY has helped me out SO MUCH throughout the years that I've been on NoFap. Since ths 14-year-old kid to where I'm at now, he has been a great accountability partner who helped me out not only with NoFap and PMO but also in life. Grateful until words cannot explain, but also worried about how life has been going on for him. All the best, you will be missed!

12. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

He's not gone yet. I am hoping that our friend, the mighty IGY will return!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  13. Yeah, @IGY helped me when I was struggling with self confidence, I didn't ask for it. He just offered it. He's a very nice human being. He didn't need to do that. I hope he returns.

14. I just wish he could share some of his thoughts before leaving. I know he have been struggling with mental issues but he never mentioned them in detail.

HopefulChristian likes this.
  15. I am worried as well. It is so surrealistic that he leaves after more than 8000 posts on the site.

16. tweeby

tweeby Banned

In all honesty a break from nofap would do him the world of good.

17. HappyDaysAreHereAgain

HappyDaysAreHereAgain Fapstronaut

He has been awesome. It is too bad that there is not some way above and beyond "like" that we can communicate our appreciation. I hope he returns.

18. Monster Carrot

Monster Carrot Fapstronaut

Guys come on, he isn't leaving permanently. This is IGY we are talking about.

19. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

Hmm, I spoke too soon clearly. Apparently, he has no intention of returning. :(

20. His nofap death is bound to happen within 3 days after pending for deletion. If he does not return today he is gone.

HopefulChristian likes this.