1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I really want to quit my job right now.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by kevinkevin19, Nov 22, 2016.

1. kevinkevin19

kevinkevin19 Fapstronaut

I work at a call center/background check company ever since August this year. I really want to quit now. The pay is average, my co workers and boss and supervisors are somewhat ok but seldom draining, but the work itself is now unfulfilling. It was really exciting at first but now it feels like a boring routine. I'm really unhappy right now. My family says that I should resign on March but I don't think I could force myself to work that much longer. I'd rather be a life coach or a fitness trainer or at least work in a job related to my field like Human Resources. My main passions and interests are Sports, Exercising and Video Games. I have a degree in Psychology. What should I do guys? :(

Deadlihood likes this.
  2. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Study the psychology behind video gamers playing sports and exercising games. And wear a headband so you also look like a fitness trainer in the process.

Well, the job market's tough right now. Is there any room for promotion within the company you currently work for?

Maybe you could try making the jump from your current position to one in your HR department (if you have one)?

Best of luck to you.. I'm having job troubles at the moment myself, so I empathize.

3. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

Start applying to jobs that you're interested in. My advice is not to quit your current job until you have a future job figured out. All the best.

4. If you are unemployed and looking for work you will have trouble getting what you want and will be forced to settle for less. There is no stronger position than to be looking for a job when you already have one.

Baroque and Noelle like this.
  5. Noelle

Noelle Fapstronaut

I've never met a person who loved their job 100 percent of the time. There's gonna be moments of joy and moments of misery.

Don't quit unless you're absolutely at your wit's end. This is a fight! :)

6. Kennen

Kennen Fapstronaut

Try looking for a different job when you have free time..
    Don't quit for now.

Awakeatlast likes this.
  7. Dziki007

Dziki007 Fapstronaut

You need to follow your instincs, go to woods meditate for few hours and you figure out :D

Deadlihood likes this.
  8. a3a

a3a Fapstronaut

Figure out what you want to for the rest of your life.

In the mean time, try to live really cheap and set aside money for the future. Even if it's just a little it helps.

Also, start applying to other jobs that would be better. But, I would always want to keep a dream in mind no matter the circumstances.

9. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

I'm am currently in a job that pays well for what it is and before that I was unemployed for quite a while so instead I went to college twice.
    I'm about 7 months into this job and it's difficult at times but generally fair but it's made me realise even more how much I want to do something more with my life.
    I'm seriously considering joining the military to get everything from a job I would want...travel, real friends, discipline, quality skills, transferable to civic street at a later date, but I struggle to believe I can do it and be accepted etc.
    I just wish I could be the kind of person who can just do things without second doubts.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    Deadlihood likes this.
  10. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

RMS has spoken.. melodramatically.

Star Lord likes this.
  11. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Deadlihood likes this.
  12. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

@RepentMySins y u quote with no post