1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Just had a fap awhile ago... I've had enough!

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by dawgy89, Apr 29, 2015.

1. dawgy89

dawgy89 New Fapstronaut

Hi, I just stumbled on this forum by accident... or is it luck? Anyway, am a 25 year old freelance writer/graphics designer and I am in a deep dark hole choked by lack of motivation, emotional disconnect, insecurity and procrastination just to mention a few.

As my title says, am fresh from a fapping session, this time though I feel really ashamed of how am leading my life. I really want to change and am hoping to get support and insight here... I need help!

2. Kristian

Kristian Fapstronaut

Hello and welcome - you're in the right place! The first step into recovering from an addiction is admitting you have an issue. I totally understand your dark hole, I'm in it as well. And I guess that pretty much everyone here is.

If you want to put an end to this addiction, then put an end to it. No matter how much it hurts or the hell you'll go through, I'm confident that after some months, it will be all worth it and we will never go back. You can use a counter to keep track of your progress and be active in this community, where reading stories actually helps.

3. dawgy89

dawgy89 New Fapstronaut

Thank you for your support Michael. Just created a counter... I guess its now one day at time till it become a new habit.

4. Kristian

Kristian Fapstronaut

You're welcome - you did the first step. Well done and keep pushing. Don't pay too much attention to the counter. Try to enjoy life whenever possible and live with the hope that this pain has an end. This comes from a guy who barely believes in anything anymore and I'm pretty screwed up as well, but life is beautiful. And it always could get worse.

5. tiro

tiro Fapstronaut

Welcome bro!
    We are all in this together! As @Michael V. said, don't pay to much attention to the counter... but on the effort you put into it and live your life without worries on how many days have you lived without fapping and stuff.. but just focus on your daily life without even thinking in the amount of days... Just by chance you will look at the counter one day and you will see that 5, 7, even 10 days have passed since you last fapped!

Keep it up! :)