1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Progressive Challenge-A different kind of challenge- all levels

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by DerNeuMann, Nov 13, 2017.

1. silvermonk

silvermonk Fapstronaut

28/30. I´ve just come from a holiday. I feel really good.

Ūruz and DerNeuMann like this.
  2. silvermonk

silvermonk Fapstronaut

I´m glad to hear you are holding on. Great job!

Ūruz likes this.
  3. silvermonk

silvermonk Fapstronaut

30/30. Hurray! Next goal: 90 days!

Ūruz likes this.
  4. silvermonk

silvermonk Fapstronaut

31/90. One of the better days, which come more and more often.

Ūruz likes this.
  5. Narwhale

Narwhale Fapstronaut

I quickly discovered that I am not capable of doing two weeks. The thought of going that long just demoralizes me. So I am going to scale back to something I can handle. Thanks for the idea of this challenge.

I am going to start with just 5 days. If I reach that, I will keep going. Day 0.

6. silvermonk

silvermonk Fapstronaut

Welcome, Narwhale!
    Your plan sounds like a good one. But don´t worry too much about the length of your streak. Focus on the idea of the brighter future for you and your loved ones (even though maybe you don´t know them yet). You don´t want to be a 47 y.o. guy, struggling with P addiction (like me). And you don't have to.
    It might be good for you to try and write more about your motivation to do this. What do you hope to achieve?

Ūruz and Narwhale like this.
  7. silvermonk

silvermonk Fapstronaut

32/90. I´m a bit tired and unfocused. But holding on. You can always say "nah, it´s too hard for me, I´ll try it from scratch", or continue and do not go back anymore. And I´m going to decide for the second option. Today, tomorrow, the day after that...

8. Narwhale

Narwhale Fapstronaut

Thank you! Unfortunately, as you wrote just under this message, I made another bad choice today. 12 hour work day, not used to it, and it really did a number on my motivation. But I sometimes get stuck in ruts when I relapse.

Here's to a new shot. Day 0 today.

Ūruz likes this.
  9. silvermonk

silvermonk Fapstronaut

Imagine a friend of yours who never keeps his word. How would you feel of him? And who is supposed to be your best friend! It´s you of course! Don´t betray your trust in yourself. Set up a minimalistic goal for yourself. How about 1 day without P? Don´t care about M and O at the beginning . Focus on the root of your problem. One day. That´s all it takes. Give us one day without P and come back tomorrow.

Ūruz likes this.
  10. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Welcome to my thread. You CAN do this. It's not easy but you want to stop and that's the first step. Your mind is playing games with you by telling you that you want this and need this. The second one is not true, as we all eventually find out. The first one --wanting it--is the part you need to think about. Is pmo really what you want or is something else missing and pmo is filling that gap?
    Try and go for just today and tomorrow. That's a small but important victory. Three days and you can do four. Four gets you past the chaser effect from your last pmo. If you can make it past that, you can make it to 5 and even 7. Find other outlets for that energy. This is the first step to a completely new you. Think about who you want the new you to be. You can do this.

11. Sc8r51o1n

Sc8r51o1n Fapstronaut

Must be day 50. Now paying attention to the numbers now.

Doing well, joined dancing class to get used to female presence live.
    Also did part of Approach challenge.
    I can now compliment beautiful women on the street, paying attention to my emotions, relaxation state and grounding.

I have a plan and I am following it.

Stay focused!

Oh, also had a wet dream, after all this time. It reminded me of the nofap, as I have gotten accustomed to it.

Ūruz, silvermonk and DerNeuMann like this.
  12. Narwhale

Narwhale Fapstronaut

Thank you for the encouragement! I am glad to say that I just completed day 2. I have already noticed that many times when I want to PMO, I usually have other needs that I need to take care of. Once I have, it is easier to say no.

I have also noticed that while my streaks haven't been long--usually 5 days--I have had a lot more of them than before I started nofap. I find that very encouraging.

13. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Good. Yes, many of us noticed that our urge to pmo was stronger when we needed to take care of other things. The more you understand how your brain is playing this game, the more likely you are to win.

Ūruz and silvermonk like this.
  14. silvermonk

silvermonk Fapstronaut

15. Narwhale

Narwhale Fapstronaut

Today was kind of strange. I relapsed, but this time I couldn't figure out what was driving the urges. These times are most frustrating, because it seems like there is no lesson to learn or improvement made. And I wonder how much longer I might have needed to hold out to successfully fended off the temptation.

Anyway, Day 0, goal of 5+. Let's try this again!

Ūruz and silvermonk like this.
  16. silvermonk

silvermonk Fapstronaut

I think sometimes we don´t need any trigger at all. Or the trigger is in our brain only - we are used to PMO in too many situations and it feels strange when we don´t. So you have to get used to that new reality. When relapsing, you only reassert your identity of an addict. Avoid that if you can. It will make things much easier for you.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  17. silvermonk

silvermonk Fapstronaut

39/90. Slowly but surely. There´s no rush. I don´t want to be cocky, I don´t want to be impatient. One foot follows the other. Every day is different but things are much better in the long run. The ups and downs are not so wild anymore.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  18. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

It's not always easy but sometimes the best thing to do when the idea pops into your head is to tell yourself you're simply not going to think about it. Then try and think about something completely different.

Ūruz likes this.
  19. silvermonk

silvermonk Fapstronaut

40/90. I feel strong and I want more of that. Thinking of ways to change my life for better.

Ūruz likes this.
  20. Narwhale

Narwhale Fapstronaut

I am happy to say that I completed day 3 and 4 of a 5 day challenge.

Ūruz likes this.