1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fear of having a Job

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by AlphaAlone, Jul 16, 2019.

1. AlphaAlone

AlphaAlone Fapstronaut

Not sure if I am in the good thread section.

Anyway, in two days I have a job interview ( working in a supermarket) and I have pretty good chance they give me the job considering they are searching for people free this summer.

I am not stressed about the interview itself but about the fact they accept me.

I am afraid I will do things wrong and people will either mock me or look down on me.

How I can overcome that ? I am feeling better and with a mind/spirit more peaceful with those first days of nofap, but it's not enough for now.

lvcas likes this.
  2. amaranth

amaranth Fapstronaut

It's great that you feel peaceful and confident about taking the job!
    Remember that we all make mistakes, and also that there are people who are always willing to look down on anyone, regardless of what they do. Not too much use ruminating about potential uncomfortable situations, I think.
    I'd double up on reasons to feel good about myself and mainly focus on doing the best I can.

3. We are humans and we all do mistakes, dont worry and try your best :)
    Do you care so much about people? No, and we are all doing the same thing, we care about what others think about us and we dont care about them, just be natural and positive.

lvcas likes this.
  4. Varg

Varg Fapstronaut

I believe that this is just a matter of experience, there is always stress when people going for an interview. Don't worry, try to think about something nice and listen to your favourite music.

nef and lvcas like this.
  5. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

Remember that failure always teach success!!
    In order to succeed you will always fall several times along the way but if you are persistent in meeting your goals, you just rise up and continue to walk up straight and eventually you will reach success.
    Not a single person in this world who have become successful did so overnight. It was many times a struggle stretching over years and sometimes decades.

lvcas and Yep u do like this.
  6. The greater fear by far is *not* having a job! How will you support yourself without income? If you show up on time, maintain a humble, teachable attitude, and work hard, there will always be work for you. I wish you great success as you get started!

Deleted Account and lvcas like this.
  7. lvcas

lvcas Fapstronaut

Hey man! A lot of the responses are spot-on, there’s always a learning curve for every thing you’ll do in your life that requires effort. It almost surely will take a little bit of time to get the basics down, but that’s why you get a training period in most jobs.
    I get why you’re worried other people might react adversely to some hypothetical shortcomings. The matter of fact view is that your coworkers and managers, way more often than not, are there to work together as a team and build each other up to do the best possible job. It isn’t in their best interest to start stuff and make each other feel bad. I’m certain you’ll come to find that when you make some mistakes (which won’t be often, so long as you’re focused and trying!) they’ll work with you to fix the situation.
    If you do things in good faith and to the best of your ability, be happy with yourself and don’t worry about what others may think. Also, in retail, you’re bound to come up face to face with some annoying customers. Fuck ‘em, really. Handle the situation as professionally as you can and if you need to, call your manager.

Focus during your training period to learn as much as you can, know that people aren’t as judgemental as you may think they are, and work as well as you can. It’ll be alright. Keep us posted, brother!

lb

amaranth likes this.
  8. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

Despite having six years of University (and a MS-degree) behind me, I resigned two months ago from my position at a large pharmaceutical/Life-Science company after 4 1/2 years of service.
    Although that particular career path wasn't going my way, I primarily resigned from the position since I really dreaded it during the entire last year. Working for someone else at a position you don't like or even hate is a good skill to acquire for a few years (to gain some experience and humility) but doing so in the long run will drive you nuts and be bad for your health and wellbeing.

Tao Jones and lvcas like this.
  9. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

You have no idea how many times I fucked up in 10 years with my current employer and they're the ones sad I'm quitting the job (tomorrow's my last day).

Shouted at a manager, started a multi-million euro project without approval, customer told my boss "don't ever want to work with this guy", tried to hook up with girls from Human Resources... those are the ones that make me smile the most now, I had balls!

lvcas likes this.
  10. Selix

Selix Fapstronaut

well I'm soon gonna take over a leading position and my workload will expand drastically and I'm also afraid that I'm not good enough but we wont know until we try

I guess fear comes from the unkown you and I dont know how its gonna work out

for as my solution: I will hire a career counselor to make a plan how to deal with my new position and how to "divide and conquer" the workload... hopefully this works out

as for you: can you get external help (if you have the funds of course)?

I hope I could give you a little push into the right direction

11. liveclean

liveclean Fapstronaut

Sounds like this would be your first job and maybe it will only last for the summer? In which case great! Go make mistakes, get laughed at. It doesn't matter. This isn't the job you're going to have for life. At the end of the summer you can leave that job and never see those people again. Then when you go to your next job you'll build on the experience you gain from this job. The way we learn is through mistakes. The only person that doesn't make mistakes is a person who has never done anything. Don't fear failure, see it as an opportunity to grow. Just don't get caught wanking in the stock room and you'll be fine!

lvcas likes this.
  12. nef

nef Fapstronaut

Not to be racist but Varg and music I think I know you