1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

This challenge is completed by all or none! [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by The Great Safecracker, Jun 25, 2019.

1. DeepSeaDiver

DeepSeaDiver Fapstronaut

Checking in for Saturday.

Good start to the day here. I had a close call yesterday afternoon but managed to push myself out of the house to avoid it. Starting this streak has been harder than expected. I did have an enjoyable evening with friends yesterday which was a great change of pace.

I agree with @optimum @Rising Force ...highly functional, successful people don’t get there using PMO to get through life. There’s no time for that and they know it would keep them from being successful.

2. control your life

control your life Distinguished Fapstronaut

3. Some of this may trigger you, check in soldiers, still going strong. Just to introduce myself a little bit, I am a student at the moment, I study Physics. My results actually come out tomorrow. Recently I have been interested a lot in philosophy and Islam. I first started when I was 12, experimentation just felt good although I didn't know what it was. Then I stumbled across some soft-p in a magazine due to the devil's whispers I ended up Ming to that. Developed and developed until finally I was watching hardcore P. Probably the most popular genre, it did get a bit more than that as I used M to help me sleep and me and my ex had a BDSM type relationship which is very unhealthy for anyone considering it. Ended up actually quitting P because of her but then I got addicted to what she sent me because she used to want to make me happy and I sent more back. It was very haram in a religion I take seriously and I've researched others and found Islam as my logical conclusion. I had a lot of stressors, M was my comfort, along with a lot of other things I have solved. My longest streak of all time was around 23 days. I struggled for around 2 years Ming once or more a day. I don't watch P now, just from P-subs related to memories which is harder to get rid of than P itself by far. Doing good on this streak so far though.

Ghost in the Shell likes this.
  4. I have my own challenge and I would like to also summarise a few things I've noticed in due time.

DeepSeaDiver likes this.
  5. It's going to feel good to go to bed at the end of a week hard worked.

primordial-saiyan likes this.
  6. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

Sunday July 14, 2019

Checking in

primordial-saiyan likes this.
  7. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Sunday, still alive - how are you all?

Jerky likes this.
  8. DeepSeaDiver

DeepSeaDiver Fapstronaut

Checking in as well. Hope everyone had a great weekend. @Saiyan123 welcome to the thread. This is a group that started a 50 day challenge last week. If you feel supported to follow along, please do.

9. Already 10% of the challenge completed. If you have had as good start as I have, we're doing very well.

10. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

Very well indeed.

DeepSeaDiver likes this.
  11. This is going well for me also. Men, remember not to keep your troubles to yourself. If anyone here can help, post it in this thread, no one here wants one of the other guys to relapse.

FX-05 likes this.
  12. control your life

control your life Distinguished Fapstronaut

13. Well said.

14. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Monday - where are we at with post of the day? @StraightEdge3616 couldn't post over the weekend but what about today? If not I guess it's me.

15. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

July 15, 2019

Today is Day 15

16. Recently I've been putting again effort into starting work from very early in the day. I have also wanted to make sure I make progress on multiple fronts during the day. In other words, I avoid using all my time struggling with a single problem at hand. That means I sometimes need to stop me from pushing further, even if I felt like continuing. This must be done both during the day and, especially, in the evening. If you want to be an early bird in the morning, you obviously can't compromise with bedtime.

I have to say, I'm struggling with these guidelines quite often. I'm prone to getting so involved in my own thoughts and world that even time will run away from me. Before I notice, it's late night. And when I notice, I just turn on lights.

It feels counter-intuitive to stop when you feel like you've just got going. But I've come to the conclusion that it's really important to keep your schedule. It's a massive boost for your motivation when you're looking forward to continuing the next time. This is especially effective if know you exactly where to start that time.

You have to accept that you're not controlling everything when you leave your unfinished work. But what you're doing is that you've prepared yourself, will have a good rest, and continue with full of energy the next day. Compare this to the alternative where you refuse to let go of the control and spend all your energy until exhaustion. The next day you will start working much later, you don't know where to start, and you're afraid that you might not get going at all.

These two alternatives make up totally different worlds. With the first, you can build on all your previous work, and eventually your progress is much faster than linear. With the latter, you might be feeling strong in the short term, but that's a pitfall. Your greed is stealing your future strength, and is a way to burn out.

17. Yeah, forcing self to stop can be just as important as starting. Today I overspent time on one task I enjoyed by so long that I could not even get started on the next, more important work I had to do.

18. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Does anyone want to keep track of the counter for this challenge?

19. Six days completed. First day was July 10th.

Awedouble likes this.
  20. I don't think it's strictly necessary. We all know that we hit 50 on August 29, that should be enough. The "checkin" messages are not super useful here. I was looking forward to the post of the day thing where every day somebody writes a thought which is then open to discussion. But it seems it hasn't taken off :D

Awedouble likes this.