1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Chakra meditation

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by The Bink, Jun 7, 2019.

1. The Bink

The Bink Fapstronaut

Fellow fapstronauts,

So I have been meditating a lot lately, mostly mindfullness. I found it helped me get a better relationship with my thoughts and urges. That in turn helped me find the space I needed to fight P better. Then i stumbled upon chakra meditation. I have been trying it out every day for a few days now and noticed that my Root, Sacral and Thirth eye chakra are way more active then my other 4. The Solar Plexus and Throat chakra being the weakest. Today I managed to open the Solar Plexus though, that felt good.

Now I was wondering, what are you guys experience with chakra meditation? How did it help you in your nofap journey? Do you maybe have some tips?

Stay strong.

A41:14A likes this.
  2. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Interesting that in all the ones you mentioned you didn't mention the heart one way or the other. *As* a chakra it may not be as big of a deal but there is a lot in a spiritual context that indicates there is deeper stuff going on there beyond that, because it isn't just the emotional center and can be a deeper spiritual center beyond the chakra level.

But just some general related info, in Chinese Medicine for example the heart is the emperor so it controls everything, and in the chakra system it is the middle one of the 7. And the dominant positive emotion is actually peace rather than love/warmth in CM.

I don't know what your background is but just want to mention there's a difference between what a practice can do and what a good relationship with a spiritual teacher and/or community can do. Sometimes it can really work on the heart in a really powerful way, and while everyone has to find their own path I do suggest showing up in person to sit with other people, and you might just find that kind of powerful relationship that way.

A41:14A and The Bink like this.
  3. good nickname

good nickname Fapstronaut

Hello! I am certainly noticing root chakra becoming more active on NoFap, but I have almost no experience in chakra meditation. Only in general trying to feel around in the body with the mind. Is there any specific system you are following? I am really curious since you are having success opening chakras and I believe I could need that.

The Bink likes this.
  4. The Bink

The Bink Fapstronaut

I'm meditating daily with guided meditations! I use an app called 'Chakra healing' cause I had no idea how to get into chakra meditation at first. I did have some experience with mindfullness meditation though. It's a really easy way to get started. Also the good thing is that there are 7 chakras and 7 days in a week so that matches up nicely if you meditate daily and focus on one chakra per session.
    I try to do some research on the topic as well. People who are into chakra meditation recommend that. If you have the knowledge you can progress your meditation.

5. good nickname

good nickname Fapstronaut

Thank you! I try to meditate every day, but so far only breathing meditation. Time to step up the game :)
    Will check out the app and report back here in this thread.

6. The Bink

The Bink Fapstronaut

Glad I could help man. Let me know!