1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

hate my life

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Nick:3, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Nick:3

Nick:3 Fapstronaut

I'm in second year transitioning to third year on a uni course I no longer give a shit about.
    I live with my parents and im 22.
    I feel angry a lot of the time.
    I really wanna find a job I love to do, I can't live doing a job I hate all my life.
    I've been doing semen retention.

Basically I need help with finding my purpose in life, I really wanna become excited about things again, and I wanna be like a child in a sense that I want to feel happy and full of life. I feel like im like a kid leaning on my parents.

I've been doing semen retention a while (30+days), and I think that'll help over time.
    Was really happy during my gap year, and I went an extremely long time (pretty much a year) doing nofap on hard mode.

I see all my friends finding their passions and I just feel left behind wishing to go back in time to the good days.

Any tips?

I've been trying meditation, so if you have a specific meditation in mind, then I'd be grateful if you could let me know.

Maybe this is a flatline idk

Re:Born likes this.
  2. ProtagonistOfMyLife

ProtagonistOfMyLife Fapstronaut

I am in similar shoes man. 24 year old dude and not really happy. Fucked up through my own responsibility. I don't live with my parents but still in college dorm. If you want to talk shoot me a message.

Nick:3 likes this.
  3. Sounds pretty normal. Add exercise and healthy eating.

4. Is there anything you can think of that you have always wanted to do but never got round to it? A skill you'd like to learn? Something you used to enjoy but lost touch with? If there is anything then take it up again/start it now. Apply yourself to it. As for meditation I just sit comfortably and concentrate on my breathing. I treat thoughts like clouds passing through a sky. Sometimes it's a chore but sometimes you just have to stick with something and not let your irrational/negative mind stop you.

Re:Born and SirErnest like this.
  5. Nick:3

alright guys im feeling a bit better, decided to get started doing more exercise again, so getting in to mma after having a month off (did kung fu before, and before that muay thai, and before that a different form of kung fu :3), also been doing a course on mindvalley that's helping, taking up meditation again and piecing it all back together :)

amaranth likes this.
  6. Nick:3

also had 30 days before this streak ended, so im vowing to not PMO until the new year arrives

and for those in a similar position, this meditation should help

seems like we're all in this together :)

7. cadia guardsman

cadia guardsman Fapstronaut

Try also jiujitsu bro! It is an amazing martial art, it helped me alot !

8. cadia guardsman

Better a broken nose than a broken soul

9. cadia guardsman

Im 21 also on my 2 year on university . And im still living with my parents and , i think its normal with that age living with your parents, especially if you dont have a job ( my case , and i only when i finish uni i want to have a job , because i need to have time for my passions (jiujitsu and gym) ) dont be to hard about living with your parents, i dont think that is a problem , i Guess so

10. cadia guardsman

Also look at the majority of MMA fighters , they have normal noses , its very rare to realy deform your nose

What you Will deform eventualy is your ears,they Will swallow and you get cauliflower ears altough the intensity of cauliflower ears depends from person to person , in my case i ve being doing for 3 years and i have some cauliflower but nothing of special

11. cadia guardsman

Well i never sow One with a very weird nose , but altough stuff like that happen , the beneficts in my opinion are much more on quantity and quality, in my case MMA give me confidence,much more self steem , less social anxiety, and depressing weak toughts , also i managed to supress my asma condition , have much more good looking body, more healthy , and my coordination movements are much much better

The price for this ? Well , sometimes i got bruises and stuff like that, my feet skin is a mess and have a little couliflower on my left year. Was it worthy? Absolutely!!

12. Haddock0

Haddock0 Fapstronaut

So, first off, get any old job that you can enjoy even slightly, so that you can move out. If you don't care about uni, drop out. (you're parents will most likely forgive you eventually). Semen retention doesn't do jack shit, it's the extra energy you get from not trying to create life with your hand every day. You won't ever feel like a child again, but you can be curious. Literally just try to figure out what you enjoy. Try new things even if you don't think you will like them. If there is anything you've ever liked in your life, do that.

Edit: Don't worry so much about "finding your passion" . Find what you are good at, you will probably enjoy it.

13. Nick:3

I should drop out of uni?
    It's my final year next year though, and I feel a BA degree could be useful for getting me a job/ opportunities in the future