1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What does a NoFap diet look like to you?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Anonymous86, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Anonymous86

Anonymous86 Fapstronaut

What's a good diet to start with for someone addicted to crap food? I'm struggling!

2. CyKage2652

CyKage2652 Fapstronaut

I dont think nofap includes some special diet plan. Following though , might discover something new....

GottaBFree and FX-05 like this.
  3. The correct amount of PMO is zero. The correct amount of crap food is also zero.

Sounds like cutting out sugar and processed food is the way to go. Intermittent fasting has a very "NoFap" feel to it, don't you think? :)

4. Anonymous86

Anonymous86 Fapstronaut

After being hooked on crap food for so long, it's so damn hard...ugh. :-(

GottaBFree likes this.
  5. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

I just cut cheese and eggs.
    I don't eat meat.

I use milk in cereal and coffee and i slowly switching to almond milk.

I eat mostly grains and greens.

GottaBFree and Anonymous86 like this.
  6. Anything worth doing is usually difficult!

7. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

I’m eating healthy food. Eating more for breakfast and lunch. Following a meal plan. I’m not eating after dinner.

We are mostly eating healthy foods we like and already ate, but not enough of.

No cheat days or meals for about 8 weeks.

There is a video near the end of my journal that applies to a junk food addiction or a PMO addiction. Things clicked for me when I saw it, but I’m going to try not to pimp it too much anymore, or I’d post it here haha.

8. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

As is the case with non-dietary stuff, it's both what you don't have and what you do have. No PMO? Fine, but what ARE you consuming in terms of media and physical activity? When it comes to food I would think even someone who knows nothing about nutrition would know fruits and vegetables are important. For people who are sugar phobic it should be pointed out it's not like you're just drinking fruit juice, and amount is not specified and could be earlier in the day.

For each serving of fruits and vegetables you have, you would not have crap food - assuming you're not just out of control with the quantity, like eating 5 burgers as you always do and adding 1 apple in there somewhere. Some people in food addiction programs will weigh and measure every meal. (and no sugar or flour)

9. I wouldn't call it "NoFap diet" but can't deny that NoFap was a catalyst to change my lifestyle and new diet is definitely a part of that.
    I don't eat diary because I'm lactose intolerant but that's not the main reason. Diary is full of estrogen(more estrogen = more milk from cows), I read some research that 60-80% estrogen in males comes from consuming diary, same with soy. I don't eat sugar(sweets, sodas etc) and fast food, because of my struggles with acne but overall I do feel way better. IF from 08:00 for 8 hours to 16:00 then 16 hours fast(8/16). Some people skip breakfast but I simply can't due to morning workout and I do believe that it's healthier to sleep with "empty stomach". I don't drink coffee nor tea. I sleep for 7-9 hours every day and never had problems with being "tired", glass of water after waking up and I'm ready to go.

Tao Jones likes this.
  10. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Cutting down on junk food is really hard for me as well, especially considering that I hate most vegetables. I've found that at the very least I can cut down meals. Currently I don't usually eat breakfast, I eat one-two portions during lunch and have just one sandwich for supper.
    If you do like vegetables, you should probably concentrate more on what you can eat rather than what you can't.

11. I find that the best way how to brake the addiction cycle, of any addiction really, is complete abstinence. This is true whether it's drugs, alcohol or PMO - staying away from them altogether usually works way better to get sober than trying to do them in moderation. This is also true for food. So try water fasting. Maybe 2 to 4 days at first; optionally, consume electrolyte supplement to not feel as crappy during extended fast. If that's too much try one meal a day, intermittent fasting, first.

Tao Jones likes this.