1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Mid day nap or meditation challenge - 30 days

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Awedouble, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

I was thinking in addition to a good start and end to the day, which I think the Flying Start and No Screen challenges does well in supporting there could be a mid day one to recharge and regroup - so this would kind of be a set of triad of challenges. For this one I will outline two options: Either a 15 minute nap or a meditation, with the meditation being possibly longer if people want it. The reason for the nap being limited to 15 is the guideline that anything longer than 20 minutes you may end up in a deeper sleep cycle, going through all of them once is like 90 minutes and most people just don't have time for that, and if you wake up in the middle of a deeper sleep cycle you'll be too drowsy and tired.

In addition to choosing the nap or meditation option and sticking with that, duration and set time is essential in order to have the structure and train your body. After completing the first 30 days of say napping it may be interesting to change to meditation and see the difference.

For me, I'm starting with 15 minutes of meditation every day at 1:30, since I cannot be sure to have the environment for sleep at work. (dark, quiet etc.)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    Force Majeure and Gladiatori like this.
  2. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

3. I'm in. I actually started doing this as a continuation to my breathing exercise challenge somewhat regularly.

I choose the meditation option in some form or another. It can be lying down, sitting, or walking meditation, as I did today. I think I'm going to do it around 2pm for fifteen minutes.

Often I set up a timer for 10 minutes and lay down on the floor to practice mindfulness a little. I'm perfectly aware of what happens around me, and I know I'm not sleeping, but when the timer goes off, it feels just as if I woke up from sleep. It's a strange feeling.

4. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

5. 1/30

I did 15 minutes of meditation on the floor at 3pm. My mind was very busy.

420 mile high and Force Majeure like this.
  6. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Force Majeure likes this.
  7. I'm afraid I forgot this challenge today.

8. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

3/30

@Rising Force no worries it's always just one out of a number of different challenges. It'll get to be normal.

9. Gladiatori

Gladiatori Fapstronaut

Im down for Evening meditiation and uhhh.. afternoon. I gonna do like 5 min each to start.

Force Majeure and Awedouble like this.
  10. 1/30

Again I was a bit late from my intended 2pm but never mind.

11. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

12. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

13. 3/30

I don't why I'm late in doing the meditation every day.

14. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

15. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

I did the nap option so I won't count that towards a streak. Again having a tough situation right now but I'm doing things to support it just not the usual