1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Isn't loneliness the root of all evil?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by NewGeorge, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Pretty much I think it is.

It is usually the main cause of depression and also the thing that leads to other bad habits(obviously many other things can cause these but loneliness is a very common one) .

I can't help but wonder, if loneliness would be cured overnight how much our life change?

2. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

I believe you are quite right. Curing loneliness is possible by cultivating a friendship with yourself, a process of discovery that keeps you away from thoughts, and in more contact with emotions. This is my journey now, hard as hell, but... I hope worth it.

Deleted Account and NewGeorge like this.
  3. My solution (for now anyways) isn't really about social connections, but rather finding a meaningful purpose with your time.

4. this old man

this old man Fapstronaut

I'm not espousing any religious beliefs here - but just treating the bible as philosophical poetry, I suppose it addresses that in Genesis - you know, God makes Eve because Adam is lonely

IIRC the sumerian god Enki msturbated to form the Tigris and Euphrates because of his loneliness

I think it appears in other creation myths as well (loneliness)
    so I think there's recognition that loneliness is a great source of discontent and is a central driver in humanity - so it could be even more fundamental than evil...action itself