1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

TO ME LIFE IS ABOUT BECOMING A BETTER PERSON

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by NEVERNEVER, Jun 9, 2019.

1. NEVERNEVER

NEVERNEVER Fapstronaut

I have always felt this way about living life, to me the meaning of this journey is being better at living this life, it means eating better, exercising better, talking better, listening better, always comparing myself not with nobody but with my old self always improving in any area of my life learning more at work maybe moving up or learning a skill, with family is about being a better father or son with friends is also being a better friend but always be honest with yourself am I really getting better or the opposite like I said we have to be always better to me is about BECOMING A BETTER PERSON A BETTER HUMAN BEING

ASABOVESOBELOW likes this.
  2. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

aren't you putting too much pressure on yourself with all this better? why do you think you are not good enough the way you are? who in the past insisted that you need to do more than you had to do, to prove that you are good enough?

3. ASABOVESOBELOW

ASABOVESOBELOW Fapstronaut

I agree. For me, this reality is like an RPG video game.

The goal is to "level up", "get experience", master skills, obtain achievments/complete "missions", help as many people as possible, and leave the world in a better place than how you found it. Virtue is of the upmost importance, and once this current life is over, you press the "New Game" button and start over, but with the foudations built in the previous life (positive or negative, akin to karma), until you are able to reach a state of perfection and trascend to a new plane of existence/reality.

That's just my belief anyway.

4. ASABOVESOBELOW

ASABOVESOBELOW Fapstronaut

Don't be content with mediocrity. It's a good thing people like Leonardo Da Vinci, Nikola Tesla, Sir Isaac Newton etc... didn't think the way you do.

5. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

Sir Isaac Newton and Nikola Tesla were men of leisure, they gave themselves the license to do as they please and liked, not to be "better". Elon Musk, these days, is not under his own pressure to be better at rocket design or electronics, he does what he likes to do. He doesn't care about being a better listener, he wants to achieve what he likes.

Steve Jobs gave crap about being better, he wanted to make beautiful products that enhance people's life, products that he wanted to use.

Neither of the people you mention wanted to be "better", including Da Vinci. They did what they wanted to do, how they wanted to do it and when they wanted to do it.

Pablo Picasso loved the smell of pain and so he painted. When he finished his food, he would pain the plates. Not because he wanted to be better, but simply because he felt drawn to his own likes.

Albert Einstein is known for his long walks, he was getting lost in towns, while he was his thinking about his theories. He didn't want to prove to anyone that he was better; in fact his private life was in shambles, by all measure he wasn't "better".

Simone De Beauvoir, who translated Newton's work into French, still used today, did it because he wanted to do it, not because she wanted to be better. She wanted to finish the translation before giving birth, because she was afraid she woudl die in childbirth; sadly, she did. Not because she wanted to be better.

Bach and Mozart were composing their songs not because they wanted to be better, but because they loved music and they saw in daily life snippets of music. Bach would walk (probably his only regular habit) from apartment to apartment and would see movement on the street that would give him ideas about pieces of music that he later on transferred into the masterpieces we now know.

So if you ask me how can I achieve greatness then it is by doing what I like, when I like and how I like. Not by being "better", whatever better means.

6. NEVERNEVER

NEVERNEVER Fapstronaut

I am good enough, but I can always do better. To me you are good enough has not worked for me only when I started improving in all areas of my life is when I started feeling better about myself, but at the end of the day what it really matters is how you feel about yourself if you can honestly look at yourself in the mirror and say I feel good about my body, my job, my friends, my relationships, life in general then BETTER dont apply to you but if you feel you can improve your life and be happier then apply BETTER to your life, thanks a lot for your comments