1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice on eating habits

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by LonelyStrength, Jun 6, 2019.

1. LonelyStrength

LonelyStrength Fapstronaut

I need help with changing my eating habits, i wanna start eating better food, fruits veggies, etc but still eat meats and dairy, not trying to be vegan or anything. My main problem is I eat too much sugar foods and want to replace them with something healthier even foods i snack on. Whats else is out there to eat beside the basic fruits, vegetables, and salads? thanks

Kiz Whalifa and Deleted Account like this.
  2. Right there with you buddy.

Kiz Whalifa and LonelyStrength like this.
  3. If you're not into the healthy stuff make smoothies with non concentrate juices, fruits and vegetables. People dont realize that when you add the right vegetables to smoothies you dont even taste them. I make one with apple juice or coconut juice, ginger, beets, spinach, berries and it taste great. I satisfy my sugar fix, its filling and I just ate more vegetables than some people eat in 1/2 of a week. This is filling and it takes the place of one meal. You can add any kind of melon, pineapple different vegetables and peanut butter and if you mix them right they taste great. There are sites online with free recipies.

Some cities have places that makes acai berry bowls where the combine them with fruit, vegetables and top them with granola, oats, coconut shavings, nuts and honey. Super filling and good for you. These places are expensive so I make my own when I'm not too lazy to get the ingredients. You can get frozen Acia and Dragon fruit in stores if you dont want to deal with the real fruit.

There are actually ways to prepare vegetable dishes that taste great. You can experiment but I just cheat and use alot of garlic. You can switch to healthier starches like grits and oatmeal. Popped corn is super high and fiber. You can put garlic on it or pop it with honey and peanuts to switch it up.

4. These are solid suggestions. Good work dude!

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. LonelyStrength

yup, answered my own question from the beginning lol

6. LonelyStrength

sorry, read it too fast lolol

7. LonelyStrength

Nice, I like it, I also made smoothies before like what your talking about, but its been a while, so i'm gonna get back into making them for sure!

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. Wayne Kest

Wayne Kest Fapstronaut

Make fruit shakes, and find new ways to implement new veggies into your diet. Or just go on a sugar diet, or intermittent fast with a sugar diet.

LonelyStrength likes this.
  9. I dropped 21 lbs since march by doing this and cutting my meat consumption to 2-3 days per week.

Also find a couple of healthy meals at reastaruats you like to mix it up when this stuff gets boring. Drink plenty of water too.

10. LonelyStrength

Wow, yeah will do, one thing i'm grateful for is that i do drink a lot of water and hardly any soda.

11. Ive dropped 50ish pounds doing nothing but eating different. I work on a farm so no extra time for gym or anything other than walking at least 2 miles a day.

You mentioned not vegan. I can relate but I actually starting particpating in my wifes meals instead of cooking seperately and that was the big difference. Its really easy to get variety and we do mostly an anti inflamatory variation and I go sometimes 2 weeks without meat and dont miss it.
    Spinach, banana and almond butter smoothie for breakfast replaces my egg Mcmuffin, its way more filling and cheaper.

12. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

Don't cut meat or any of that bullshit. One thing that will help immensely is getting to the gym and lifting heavy, or doing physical activity if you can't lift. You won't want to eat shit food, you will want to eat food that fuels you're body better.

Learn to cook for yourself and cook nice foods. Some simple shit to start with is spad bolognase and chilli con carne, that's the bread and butter of my diet. Eat a big breakfast. Oatmeal, eggs and bacon are all good options, as well as peanut butter toast. Drink a tall glass of milk with breakfast. For lunch chicken is your best option. Look up chicken marinates and cook the one that looks the best to you. separate the chicken into 300g or so servings, cut it into bitesize pieces if you like, put it in a container with a cup and a half of rice and half a cup of peas and BOOM lunch is done.

Do whatever the fuck you need to to stop you from eating junk food. Throw out all the shit in your house, burn it if it helps you psychologicaly, when you get the urge to eat it do pushups, whatever works. I'm assuming you already go to the gym since your name is lonelystrength, but gym is key.

LonelyStrength and MM47 like this.
  13. MM47

MM47 Fapstronaut

nice bro

lolos likes this.
  14. LonelyStrength

Damn right, thanks man!

lolos likes this.
  15. koolpal

koolpal Fapstronaut

Recommend the Keto diet. Lotsa meats & dairy.

Posted on another thread:
    https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/i-need-help-about-diet.231830/#post-2046472

16. LonelyStrength

17. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

Many will object and criticize this statement but I consider a keto-diet (or Atkins diet as it is also called) being one of the most harmful diets out there because of following reasons:

-It will put a large stress on your kidneys, liver and digestive system since they will work almost 24/7 to digest all that fat and protein you are eating.
    -You will get a bad body odor and stink (literally and figuratively) because of all the ketones that are formed in your body as a result of the ketosis kicking in during digestion of all fat and proteins. Not only with regards to your sweat and body odor but also your breath. All people I know who eat a diet rich in dairy and meats do smell bad, every single one of them.
    -As you eat plenty of fats and cholesterol from animal foods, you build up plaque in your arteries and with time develop arteriosclerosis, and other kinds of cardiovascular and heart problems

This particular diet might help you lose weight in the short run but is it worth it considering the damage that will be done to your body? A diet with few animal food-soruces and lots of fruits, veggies and legumes is the way to go if you shoot for good health, few aches and pains and longevity.

LonelyStrength and properWood like this.
  18. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

I recommend books such as How not to die - Michael Greger and The starch solution - John McDougal.