1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Breathing exercise challenge for 21 days

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by The Great Safecracker, Apr 29, 2019.

1. 4/21. I'm a bit surprised I haven't forgotten to do the breathing exercises yet but they seem to come pretty natural when I go to bed.

2. For some reason I don't like doing the exercises in bed. It's too soft. I prefer doing them on the floor (on a mat).

Force Majeure likes this.
  3. It's crazy how many thoughts are constantly occupying your mind even though you tried to fully focus on the exercise.

4. 5/21

I haven't been sleeping in my bed for two months. I've actually been sleeping on the floor for maybe 50 days, the other days I've been sleeping in my kids' bed, which is not as soft. The Floor is actually quite nice! If you do it right.

5. Wow, how do you feel? I've tried to start doing it for a number of occasions, but I've never really been able to do it.

6. It feels much better now! I made a commitment to myself that I should not sleep in my bend during April. Then I had to improvise... I ended up sleeping in the living room almost every night and then I started to prefer it. First I have the mat, then a yoga mat and then my bed cover which I fold three times. I fold it so that I sleep on two thirds of my bed cover and one third is on the top.

If one ends up sleeping on the stomach, that is usually a sign of a too soft bed. I always slept on my stomach so I felt to do something about this. I never sleep on the stomach when I sleep on the floor so it's indeed not too soft :D My back gets better rest during the night as well. The thing I wanted to know was how this affected the pain I have in my lower back (if it would go away). I must say it feels much better now - from having a chronic pain, the pain is now oscillatory, so many more good days now than before. :)

7. 7/21 again. I forgot the added exercise since it was a new week. Then I forgot the one before bedtime as well... so I will do day 7 again.

8. It's nice to start doing these exercises spontaneously during the day. You're going to feel calm shortly after.

9. I've found it really difficult to fall asleep on the floor. Probably because I'm not so used to sleeping on my back. Perhaps it would work if I was really tired.

Do you use any kind of pillow?