The Music Thread

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by PMS, May 30, 2019.

1. PMS

PMS Fapstronaut

Edit: Renamed the thread as a general music suggestion and discussion thread. Please post a recommendation or write about an album that you like. In this thread we don't just post YouTube, we like to talk about the music itself.

Original Post: I am an avid music nerd and would love to discuss and listen to some of your favorite records. Here is my top 100 albums. If you would suggest me something I would gladly listen to it and give my opinion.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  2. Judas Priest - Screaming for Vengeance (1982)
    [​IMG]

Deleted Account, Jackb97 and PMS like this.
  3. PMS

PMS Fapstronaut

Never listened to this one. Is it better than British Steel?

4. Nine

Nine Fapstronaut

Camel - Mirage (1974)

[​IMG]

One of my favourite old records in my collection.

5. Jackb97

Jackb97 Fapstronaut

Great taste. At least 30 of the ones I'd have suggested you already have listed. You have me stumped aha.
    Led Zeppelin IV ahhh the memories. "Going to California" brings me back to a few summers ago. Before all my old friends went off down different paths. I'll never get bored of that track.

Deleted Account and PMS like this.
  6. Stitch 626

Stitch 626 Fapstronaut

7. In my opinion it is, my favorite Priest album.

8. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

How come Carly Rae Jepsen isn't on the list?

PMS likes this.
  9. PMS

PMS Fapstronaut

This one is a real prog classic. But I did only listen to Lady Fantasy and Nimrodel if I don't remember incorrectly. I will give it another listen. Great album nevertheless. For prog I really like Capitolo 6's "Frutti Per Kagua", which I only listen to because it was listed as one of the most expensive albums ever sold on Discogs. But it is in Italian, if you can manage the language barrier. Not that it really matters with prog rock.
    Thanks man. Like your profile picture. Don Draper could really have found great use of nofap.com I think haha. Led Zeppelin IV is the classic of all classics I think. And California is an amazing track. There is something really special about Plant's vocals on that song. My favorite song on the album is probably the last one, "When The Levee Breaks", because of the amazing drums. It hits you like a freight train to the face. The list was recently reduced to 1 album per artist for more variety.
    Never really listened to them. Aren't they like balls-to-the-wall facemelt-rock? Or am I wrong about that?
    I guess I just don't know music. Jepsen is so intellectually challenging that it just is way over my head every time I hear it :)

10. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I am staggered that an avid music nerd does not have Steely Dan or Thin Lizzy in their top 100 albums. So, I suggest...

[​IMG]
    The Royal Scam (1976)

[​IMG]
    Black Rose: A Rock Legend (1979)

11. PMS

PMS Fapstronaut

Haha. The classic comment. I just haven't listened to Steely Dan enough to motivate putting them on my list. And concerning Thin Lizzy, hard rock is a blind-spot for me. I used to listen to Guns N Roses when I was younger but ever since I've moved into other genres. I'm surprised you didn't mention the omission of Black Sabbath or King Crimson :).

So about the albums. You think Royal Scam is better than Aja?

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Yes and I think Gaucho is better than Aja. @Max Fisher says Gaucho is his favourite Steely Dan album.

13. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Well, you have got Led Zeppelin in your list and Thin Lizzy are much less heavy and without the screamed vocals either.

14. PMS

PMS Fapstronaut

And he's got 5000+ likes so that's got to be true. So which one should I listen to first?

15. PMS

PMS Fapstronaut

Yes, that is true but Led Zeppelin I would consider more multi-faceted, dabbling in many genres. I have nothing against hard rock it's just not where I'm at personally at the moment.

16. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

The Royal Scam, which preceded Aja (1977) and Gauco (1980).

17. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I think you will find Thin Lizzy even more multi-faceted.

18. PMS

PMS Fapstronaut

I have listened to Jailbreak before. And judging by that album I doubt that very much. But I'll take a look at this one.

19. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Jailbreak is not a multi-faceted album, which is why I didn't suggest it.

PMS likes this.
  20. PMS

PMS Fapstronaut

I see.