1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Interest for dating is gone

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Zapster21, May 29, 2019.

1. Zapster21

Zapster21 Fapstronaut

My girlfriend has broken up with me 60 days ago. She suffered from depression and was in such bad shape mentally, that a breakup was the only way for her to recover. I respect her decision as I was also mentally affected by her mental state. We were together for 5 years. I am not waiting for her to come back

Since the breakup, I have tried a bit of dating apps, but I don't really feel like dating anyone. I feel like I must heal from the previous relationship and also heal from PMO. Is this normal? I feel somehow that it's wrong that I don't have an interest in women at the moment?

After the breakup, I have seriously been feeling my low self-esteem and I feel that I will never find a girl again (but now I'm not really interested in girls atm). My biggest goal is, therefore, to feel real inner confidence and start believing in myself. In the next 3 months, I will try to embrace opportunities and say yes to any social event that opens up for me, but I feel I have let go of the chase of a new girl.

I feel very confused about my emotions right now.

2. FormerFapaholic

FormerFapaholic Fapstronaut

First and foremost, sorry to hear of your break up.

Well, I don't think you should be dating if you're not ready to date. I suggest that you need to allow yourself time to grieve and sort yourself out. Rebuild your life and your confidence. Chase life goals, don't chase women.

CH3RRY likes this.
  3. the promise

the promise Fapstronaut

Try new stuff. Study for somthing u want be. Find friends with equal interrest theres tons of stuf to do and wenever u feel ure ready again. U go for it dont force it. Love mmust be somtging that comes natural. Let ure wound time to heal plis. Plis plis. Give it TIME

FormerFapaholic likes this.
  4. FormerFapaholic

Yeah, invest your time, energy and emotions into hobbies and activities. That's a good idea.

5. Zapster21

Zapster21 Fapstronaut

Well, I play Volleyball, Tennis and have started training for a half marathon.

I have started meditating daily, taking cold showers, etc.

My friends have been supporting me. It has just been myself torturing myself with a "need" of having a woman in my life. And now after 2 months, I don't feel the urge for "chasing" women. And to be honest it feels quite scary. It feels right now like I'm giving up on love... :/

6. FormerFapaholic

I know what you mean by having that "need" for a woman. It's natural in wanting to be loved and have someone to love. In the grand scheme of things, it's not as important as society makes out that it is. Especially due to the social stigmas attached to single people in general.

7. Zapster21

Zapster21 Fapstronaut

Will keep on my path. No PMO, Exercising, meditation and Cold Showers.

Hopefully I will someday be ready for love again...

FormerFapaholic likes this.