1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A realization of how few Friends I have

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Carbon6, Mar 16, 2019.

1. pfb2019

pfb2019 Fapstronaut

I'm with you there (except for the college stuff). I've also tried the 'send message' many times (mostly females) and it never worked---can't get any responses. Too much time wasted there, so I don't bother anymore. A lot of people on here say: 1) go for a walk or something like that. I'm already doing that but does nothing to take my mind off women. 2) just be yourself. This makes me irritated and angry. Be myself? Like having nothing to say around 95% of the time just makes me even more depressed. Be myself? Continuing to go about my regular day-to-day doing things I, of course, need to do like going grocery shopping, etc. But that has nothing to do with the 'be yourself' talk. I don't have many hobbies but I don't consider reading to be a hobby. I'm into so many kinds of music. Love listening to hair metal bands over and over and over the best. What makes it a hobby is me creating yearly music charts of my favorite songs----classic rock, metal, 80's pop music, some 70's (shows you how old I am--I'll be 50 this year btw). Now I'm rambling here, but it's my escape from the real world. I just need to interact with others to improve my social skills. Making new friends is very difficult.

2. pfb2019

pfb2019 Fapstronaut

3. pfb2019

pfb2019 Fapstronaut

4. pfb2019

pfb2019 Fapstronaut

I try replying to someone's post, but it won't let me..I can't figure it out, so I just click 'Like'

5. Davinblake

Davinblake Fapstronaut

Try chilling. Do your stuff and if you have free time start exercising. Music doesn't help at all, actually it can be negative at some points. Really, chill out, do not go around looking for people and randomly talking to them. Start going to the gym or try a team sport like handball (that one is the one where the least people start young). Try to be smiling, "faking" happiness makes you happy. Start an healty diet. From when you'll be done starting all this stuff, you'll have less useless commiseration time. In your mind you can make heaven of hell and hell of heaven (J. Milton)

6. Davinblake

Davinblake Fapstronaut

Oh and by the way, a friend once told me: don't find a woman because you need her, but because you don't (ex. -or someome will call me a maschilist shithead, pls don't- don't go around looking for a girl because you can't wash your clothes, learn washing your clotes. Of course this goes for everything else, especially for the fact that the poor lady you'll meet won't be your assistant)