1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Day1, Hour1

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Sparks74, May 23, 2019.

1. Sparks74

Sparks74 New Fapstronaut

Hi,
    Just joined... So glad there is community for my addiction. My addiction has left me emotionally and spiritually bankrupt. I just want to be comfortable again in both areas of my life. While i am motivated now i have tried abstinance on my own before i tend to "crack" around day 6...i'm totally insane... Sex on my brain. Have any enjoying their freedom any tips. I have a Higher Power in my life but i even struggle using this help... Any advice greay appreciated,

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Targaryenn

Targaryenn Fapstronaut

Welcome to this great community!
    I am glad to know you!

3. Hello @Sparks74. Welcome to NoFap. There is so much in this world today that gears us towards that sinful pleasure that it has been made a 100 times harder trying to stay pure. I can see that you are serious about quitting though, so just keep that determination and you will gain the victory. Not having had a relapse for eight days now, I've got soooo much energy now. It feels good. Yes, I do still struggle with the urges to MO, but the benefits are already outweighing the bad. I'm able to enjoy working a whole lot more.
    I recommend trying one of the challenges in the challenge forum. They have really helped me. You can also start a journal in the rebooting forum if you'd like.

4. bfdet

bfdet Fapstronaut

If you haven't already done so, please read the "Getting Started Guide" available on this site's home page. It includes a lot of information that you will find helpful as you start your journey of healing. Also have a look at the "Glossary" on the top of this page for definitions of abbreviations and terms that may be new to you.

One day at a time is how we all succeed.

5. Sparks74

Sparks74 New Fapstronaut

Many thanks....thats great to hear about the challenges. I will check them out. And the journal. I have much reading but looking forward to it. Spiritually i feel food after getting through day 1. Nearly time for bed so I'll get through that too.
    Thanks

6. Sparks74

Sparks74 New Fapstronaut

Great, thank you. I have work to do, but thrilled the info there. I guess i was thinking its a quick fix. Through recovering from other addictions i know this isn't the case, but thats fine. God bless

7. Always be positive

Always be positive Fapstronaut

8. bfdet

bfdet Fapstronaut

noPMO journeys are rarely smooth, and almost never easy. But the rewards of avoiding the damage and problems caused by PMO is very much worth each and every bit of effort that progressing on your journey of healing will require. Healing never seems to happen as fast as we might like, but it really does happen if you are diligent and follow through on your program.

One day at a time is how we all succeed.